Digital TV News: Orbital Sciences
HISPASAT and Orbital Sign Contract for the Construction of Two New Amazonas Satellites
Jun 25, 2012 – Group HISPASAT and Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) have signed a contract for the construction of two new satellites. Amazonas 4A and 4B will allow HISPASAT to meet the growing demand for satellite capacity, mainly for satellite television, in Latin America.
News categories: HISPASAT, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, Latin America, Satellite
SES WORLD SKIES Commissions SES-8 for Asian DTH Operations
Feb 17, 2011 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris,LuxX: SESG) has announced that it has commissioned the SES-8 spacecraft from Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) for a launch in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, India, Laos, Satellite, Thailand, Vietnam
MEASAT-3a Communications Satellite Successfully Launched
Jun 22, 2009 – Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) has announced that the MEASAT-3a satellite has been successfully launched into orbit. MEASAT-3a will provide Ku-band direct-to-home television broadcasting to Malaysia and Indonesia, plus C-band communications services.
News categories: MEASAT, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, Indonesia, Malaysia, Satellite
Innova and SKY Brasil Sign Agreement with Intelsat to Build and Launch New Satellite
Dec 5, 2007 – Innova and SKY Brasil have announced that they have reached an agreement with Intelsat to build and launch a new 24-transponder satellite. Innova plans to use this extra capacity for HD and other value-added services.
News categories: Intelsat, Innova, SKY Brasil, DIRECTV Group, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion