Digital TV News: Pearl TV
Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Oct 12, 2021 – Hartford viewers can now find four channels over-the-air with NEXTGEN TV: TEGNA's WCCT (CW, channel 20) and WTIC (FOX, channel 61), Meredith's WFSB (CBS, channel 3), and Nexstar's WTNH (ABC, channel 8).
News categories: Pearl TV, TEGNA, Nexstar, Anne Schelle, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Five Atlanta TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Aug 24, 2021 – Television viewers in Atlanta, the seventh-ranked media market in the US, can now experience the future of broadcast television as five local TV stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Meredith, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Fox selects Synamedia broadcast solution for Orlando ATSC 3.0 rollout
Aug 24, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that Fox Television Stations will use its broadcast solution, featuring its virtual Digital Content Manager, to support the rollout of ATSC 3.0 in the Orlando, Florida market.
News categories: Synamedia, Fox, Julien Signès, Jeff Roberts, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV expands to 11 stations in Phoenix
Jul 14, 2021 – As the first market in the U.S. to experience NEXTGEN TV when it launched in 2018, audiences in the Phoenix area can now enjoy an expanded roster of 11 local stations delivering the next generation broadcast technology.
News categories: Pearl TV, E.W. Scripps, Univision Communications, Anne Schelle, Brian Lawlor, Greg Coburn, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sacramento TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Jul 8, 2021 – Six Sacramento TV stations (KOVR, KCRA, KQCA, KTXL, KXTV and KUVS) have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Sacramento is the first city in Northern California to launch a commercial NEXTGEN TV service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Ariel Roblin, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Charlotte, NC
Jul 7, 2021 – Five local TV stations in Charlotte, NC have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. The stations are Cox Media's WAXN-TV and WSOC-TV (ABC), Nexstar's WJZY-TV (FOX), Gray Television's WBTV-TV (CBS) and TEGNA's WCNC-TV (NBC).
News categories: Pearl TV, Cox Media Group, Anne Schelle, Paul Curran, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
TV stations in Orlando launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jul 1, 2021 – Eight Orlando TV stations have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. The stations are WRBW-TV, WOFL-TV, WFTV-TV, WRDQ-TV, WKMG-TV, WESH-TV, WKCF-TV and WUCF-TV. Orlando is the 17th largest TV market in the U.S.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Mike McClain, John Soapes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
Jun 15, 2021 – The Single Frequency Network (SFN) capability of NEXTGEN TV can help broadcasters enhance the robustness of reception of TV signals, according to results from Phoenix Model Market testing.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes