Digital TV News: Philip Poulidis
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
SoftAtHome software to be integrated with Marvell’s ARMADA 1500 SoC
Apr 29, 2015 – SoftAtHome and Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) have announced their collaboration for integrating SoftAtHome’s SOP7 software with Marvell’s ARMADA® 1500 Ultra SoC Android and Linux SDKs.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Marvell, Michel Degland, Philip Poulidis, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Marvell partners with Celeno on wireless video
Apr 28, 2015 – Celeno Communications and Marvell have announced a partnership that will see Marvell’s STB processors combined with Celeno’s 802.11ac Access Point ICs to power home wireless capable of handling 4K or HD video streaming.
News categories: Celeno Communications, Marvell, Gilad Rozen, Philip Poulidis, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
ViXS®, Topfield and Morega Join Forces to Develop Mobility Gateway Set-Top Box
Jan 5, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced a partnership with Topfield to develop a media gateway set-top box. The design demonstrates ViXS' XCode® 4210 STB processor and Xtensiv® software, combined with Morega Systems' content portability solution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Topfield, Morega Systems, CES2022, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS® and Morega Team up to Power Digital Media Hub for Consumer Content
Jan 5, 2012 – ViXS Systems and Morega Systems have announced a strategic partnership to enable, for the first time, the seamless access and streaming of premium, personal, and user-generated content to and from multiple devices within the home.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Morega Systems, CES2022, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor
Morega Systems and ViXS Systems Partner to Deliver Solutions for Premium Content Portability, Streaming and Monetization
Jan 8, 2008 – Morega Systems has partnered with ViXS Systems to develop products targeted at Satellite, Cable and IPTV operators that will allow for the monetization and portability of premium video content between devices and across IP networks.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Morega Systems, Cable TV, CES2022, Content Distribution, DRM, DVR, IPTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community