Digital TV News: Redbox
Qwest TV partners with Amagi for connected TV distribution
Jun 24, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Qwest TV – the largest VOD catalogue dedicated to jazz, soul, funk, classical and world music - has partnered with Amagi to distribute and monetize its music content to CTV platforms.
News categories: Amagi, Qwest TV, Srinivasan KA, Réza Ackbaraly, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
Feb 19, 2020 – Redbox is bringing even more options to consumers with Redbox Free Live TV. Redbox Free Live TV is now available nationally and features nearly 30 channels of movies and episodic content including three exclusive Redbox-branded channels.
News categories: Redbox, Galen Smith, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
May 15, 2019 – Redbox has selected You.i TV to develop an improved user experience for the Redbox On Demand service, starting with its most popular platform, Roku. The new application is the first in market to be developed for Roku using the React Native development framework.
News categories: You.i TV, Redbox, Andrew Emmons, Lowell Bike, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Redbox chooses TiVo for personalization and content discovery
Apr 8, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Redbox has chosen TiVo to deliver personalized content experiences to its customers via TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery platform. Redbox is America’s destination for new-release movie and video game rentals.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Redbox, Walt Horstman, Ash Eldifrawi, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
Jan 16, 2019 – Mediamorph has announced that it set a record pace of customer acquisitions in 2018. The momentum reflects the growing need for a platform that orchestrates the 360° process bringing content value from provider to distributor to the connected consumer.
News categories: Mediamorph, Rob Gardos, Content Distribution, Worldwide
Mediamorph adds three more customers
Apr 10, 2018 – Mediamorph has announced that it is seeing a growth surge in customer acquisition among digital entertainment platforms. The company’s momentum reflects the industry’s growing demand for a cloud-based Rights, Avails and Performance Management platform.
News categories: Mediamorph, Rob Gardos, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Redbox Instant by Verizon to close
Oct 5, 2014 – Verizon and Redbox Digital Entertainment Services has announced that its Redbox Instant by Verizon streaming video service will shut down on Tuesday, October 7, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
News categories: Redbox Instant by Verizon, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Fan TV coming to Time Warner Cable subscribers
Apr 22, 2014 – Fan TV and Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) have announced the release of Fan TV, a new way to watch live TV and streaming content with a frictionless discovery experience and a breakthrough touch remote.
News categories: Fan TV, Time Warner Cable, Gilles BianRosa, Mike Angus, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. home entertainment market grows modestly for second straight year
Jan 16, 2014 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), spending on movies and TV shows in the U.S. home entertainment market eked out 1% growth in 2013, the second straight year of increase after declining at a 3% compound annual rate from the market peak in 2004 through 2011.
News categories: IHS Inc, Michael Arrington, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVD, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region