Digital TV News: Redbox
Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
Feb 19, 2020 – Redbox is bringing even more options to consumers with Redbox Free Live TV. Redbox Free Live TV is now available nationally and features nearly 30 channels of movies and episodic content including three exclusive Redbox-branded channels.
News categories: Redbox, Galen Smith, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
May 15, 2019 – Redbox has selected You.i TV to develop an improved user experience for the Redbox On Demand service, starting with its most popular platform, Roku. The new application is the first in market to be developed for Roku using the React Native development framework.
News categories: You.i TV, Redbox, Andrew Emmons, Lowell Bike, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Redbox chooses TiVo for personalization and content discovery
Apr 8, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Redbox has chosen TiVo to deliver personalized content experiences to its customers via TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery platform. Redbox is America’s destination for new-release movie and video game rentals.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Redbox, Walt Horstman, Ash Eldifrawi, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
Jan 16, 2019 – Mediamorph has announced that it set a record pace of customer acquisitions in 2018. The momentum reflects the growing need for a platform that orchestrates the 360° process bringing content value from provider to distributor to the connected consumer.
News categories: Mediamorph, Rob Gardos, Content Distribution, Worldwide
Mediamorph adds three more customers
Apr 10, 2018 – Mediamorph has announced that it is seeing a growth surge in customer acquisition among digital entertainment platforms. The company’s momentum reflects the industry’s growing demand for a cloud-based Rights, Avails and Performance Management platform.
News categories: Mediamorph, Rob Gardos, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Redbox Instant by Verizon to close
Oct 5, 2014 – Verizon and Redbox Digital Entertainment Services has announced that its Redbox Instant by Verizon streaming video service will shut down on Tuesday, October 7, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
News categories: Redbox Instant by Verizon, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Fan TV coming to Time Warner Cable subscribers
Apr 22, 2014 – Fan TV and Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) have announced the release of Fan TV, a new way to watch live TV and streaming content with a frictionless discovery experience and a breakthrough touch remote.
News categories: Fan TV, Time Warner Cable, Gilles BianRosa, Mike Angus, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. home entertainment market grows modestly for second straight year
Jan 16, 2014 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), spending on movies and TV shows in the U.S. home entertainment market eked out 1% growth in 2013, the second straight year of increase after declining at a 3% compound annual rate from the market peak in 2004 through 2011.
News categories: IHS Inc, Michael Arrington, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVD, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
Redbox Instant by Verizon arrives on Roku
Aug 5, 2013 – Redbox Instant by Verizon is now available as a channel on Roku streaming players. Redbox Instant is a monthly subscription package which includes thousands of movies for streaming, plus four DVD credits to get releases on disc at any Redbox kiosk in the U.S.
News categories: Redbox, Roku, Apps, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software