Digital TV News: Síminn
Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
Nov 21, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that its broadpeak.io SaaS product, supporting automatic content replacement, is being used by several video service providers for video streaming during the 2022 world football competition in Qatar.
News categories: Broadpeak, Gtd, Síminn, Mathias Guille, Cristian Carcamo, David Gunnarsson, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland
Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
Jun 9, 2021 – Red Bee Media has announced that Síminn is using its Channel Store service to create television bundles, with live and on-demand content, and deliver these to its IPTV subscribers in Iceland.
News categories: Red Bee, Síminn, David van Kemenade, Sveinbjörn Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV
MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
Sep 14, 2019 – MediaKind has been selected by Síminn for its live HD and UHD broadcasts of football matches from the English Premier League. The deployment will include a professional decoder, and a control and conditional access management software product.
News categories: MediaKind, Síminn, Damien Montessuit, Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Iceland
Iceland's Siminn moves transcoding to the Cloud with Harmonic
Apr 3, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Icelandic telecommunications company, Siminn, is using Harmonic's File360 software-as-a-service (SaaS) for file transcoding. Siminn plans to replace its existing hardware-based transcoding farm with File360 SaaS.
News categories: Harmonic, Siminn, Ian Graham, Sveinbjörn Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, NABShow
Netgem launches multiscreen OTT for Gibtelecom with Broadpeak
Sep 24, 2018 – Netgem has announced that Gibtelecom launched a multiscreen TV entertainment service called Sofi earlier this summer, powered by Netgem's OTT Cloud platform and devices, and Broadpeak's content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Netgem, Gibtelecom, Jacques Le Mancq, Sylvain Thevenot, Adrian Moreno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, Set Top Box, Streaming
Síminn gears up for 4K with Broadpeak
May 24, 2017 – Broadpeak has announced that Icelandic telecommunications operator Síminn has launched a service supporting 4K video content with new set-top boxes capable of reception through Broadpeak’s nanoCDN.
News categories: Broadpeak, Síminn, Jacques Le Mancq, Eric Figueras, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Mobile
Iceland's Síminn announces OTT multiscreen service with Broadpeak CDN and streaming
Sep 24, 2013 – Broadpeak has announced that Icelandic telecommunications provider Síminn has chosen Broadpeak solutions to power a new OTT multiscreen service offering. The new OTT multiscreen service is expected to launch later this year.
News categories: Broadpeak, Síminn, Saevar Freyr Thrainsson, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Iceland's Síminn selects AirTies IPTV Set-top Box
Mar 14, 2012 – AirTies Networks has announced that it will deliver its Air7120 IP Set-top box to Síminn of Iceland. AirTies and Síminn work in tandem to upgrade Síminn's IPTV service to next generation STBs, offering advanced graphics and HTML5 with the Air7120.
News categories: AirTies, Síminn, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Iceland's Síminn selects Alcatel-Lucent as GPON fiber-to-the-home supplier
Oct 11, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has been selected by Síminn, Iceland's market leader in telecommunication, as its GPON fiber-to-the-home supplier. Alcatel-Lucent's solution will enable Síminn to deliver advanced broadband services such as high-definition television (HDTV), IPTV, video on demand (VoD) and high-speed Internet.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Síminn, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Iceland, IPTV
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV