Digital TV News: Síminn
Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
Jun 9, 2021 – Red Bee Media has announced that Síminn is using its Channel Store service to create television bundles, with live and on-demand content, and deliver these to its IPTV subscribers in Iceland.
News categories: Red Bee, Síminn, David van Kemenade, Sveinbjörn Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV
MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
Sep 14, 2019 – MediaKind has been selected by Síminn for its live HD and UHD broadcasts of football matches from the English Premier League. The deployment will include a professional decoder, and a control and conditional access management software product.
News categories: MediaKind, Síminn, Damien Montessuit, Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Iceland
Iceland's Siminn moves transcoding to the Cloud with Harmonic
Apr 3, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Icelandic telecommunications company, Siminn, is using Harmonic's File360 software-as-a-service (SaaS) for file transcoding. Siminn plans to replace its existing hardware-based transcoding farm with File360 SaaS.
News categories: Harmonic, Siminn, Ian Graham, Sveinbjörn Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, NABShow
Netgem launches multiscreen OTT for Gibtelecom with Broadpeak
Sep 24, 2018 – Netgem has announced that Gibtelecom launched a multiscreen TV entertainment service called Sofi earlier this summer, powered by Netgem's OTT Cloud platform and devices, and Broadpeak's content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Netgem, Gibtelecom, Jacques Le Mancq, Sylvain Thevenot, Adrian Moreno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, OTT, Set Top Box
Síminn gears up for 4K with Broadpeak
May 24, 2017 – Broadpeak has announced that Icelandic telecommunications operator Síminn has launched a service supporting 4K video content with new set-top boxes capable of reception through Broadpeak’s nanoCDN.
News categories: Broadpeak, Síminn, Jacques Le Mancq, Eric Figueras, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Mobile
Iceland's Síminn announces OTT multiscreen service with Broadpeak CDN and streaming
Sep 24, 2013 – Broadpeak has announced that Icelandic telecommunications provider Síminn has chosen Broadpeak solutions to power a new OTT multiscreen service offering. The new OTT multiscreen service is expected to launch later this year.
News categories: Broadpeak, Síminn, Saevar Freyr Thrainsson, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Iceland's Síminn selects AirTies IPTV Set-top Box
Mar 14, 2012 – AirTies Networks has announced that it will deliver its Air7120 IP Set-top box to Síminn of Iceland. AirTies and Síminn work in tandem to upgrade Síminn's IPTV service to next generation STBs, offering advanced graphics and HTML5 with the Air7120.
News categories: AirTies, Síminn, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Iceland's Síminn selects Alcatel-Lucent as GPON fiber-to-the-home supplier
Oct 11, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has been selected by Síminn, Iceland's market leader in telecommunication, as its GPON fiber-to-the-home supplier. Alcatel-Lucent's solution will enable Síminn to deliver advanced broadband services such as high-definition television (HDTV), IPTV, video on demand (VoD) and high-speed Internet.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Síminn, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Iceland, IPTV
Intellon Announces 12 Service Providers Worldwide Now Deploying Intellon HomePlug® ICs for IPTV Applications
Jan 2, 2007 – Intellon has announced that 12 service providers in Europe and Asia are now using Intellon™'s HomePlug ICs for in-home IPTV distribution.
News categories: Intellon, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, Iceland, IPTV, Korea, Poland, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Taiwan
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics