Digital TV News: STIRR
One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
Jul 17, 2019 – STIRR, owned by Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI), has announced that since launching six months ago it has reached one million app downloads. STIRR is focused on providing viewers across the U.S. with access to live local news and free linear TV channels.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, STIRR, Christopher Ripley, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
24i Media app technology helps power Sinclair's STIRR
Mar 27, 2019 – 24i Media has announced that it is helping power STIRR, the streaming service from Sinclair Broadcast. STIRR, powered in part by 24i Media's app technology, is available on a variety of mobile and connected TV platforms in the U.S.
News categories: 24i Media, STIRR, Ramon Duivenvoorden, Adam Ware, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
Jan 16, 2019 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) has announced the launch of STIRR, a free, ad-supported streaming service that includes access to popular channels, a VoD library and a local channel featuring programming based on a user's location.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, STIRR, Christopher Ripley, Adam Ware, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Global Market for Internet TV to Reach $81.2 Billion by 2017
Apr 12, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts has announced the release of a comprehensive global report on Internet TV. The global market for Internet TV is forecast to reach $81.2 billion by the year 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
3D TV shipments to witness phenomenal growth estimated at 10 million units in 2011
Apr 28, 2010 – According to WitsView, in 2011 3D TV shipments will likely witness phenomenal growth, with sales estimated at 10 million units. Furthermore, 3D TV market penetration is estimated to be close to 10% in 2012, and 20% in 2015.
News categories: WitsView, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, VR
Key Trends and Issues facing the China Multimedia Mobile Phone Market
Oct 30, 2007 – Reportlinker.com has announced that a new market research report "China Multimedia Mobile Phone Market Report, 2007," related to the Chinese IC technology industry is available in its catalogue.
News categories: Research In China, Reportlinker.com, China, Market Research, Mobile
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks
- NAGRA enables cloud-based OTT for Montecable in Uruguay
- ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
- Telenor deploys pay TV system from ADB
- EBU and Eurofins Digital Testing partner on UHDTV standards and logo
- XroadMedia brings personalisation and recommendations to Stoneroos products
- Eutelsat selected by Orby TV for new U.S. DTH satellite service
- Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
- Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
- Amlogic and Vewd introduce turnkey chipset platform for pay TV service
- iWedia provides software for True OTT service in Thailand