Digital TV News: Sally Daub
ViXS and Harmonic demonstrate HEVC 1080i and hybrid AVC/HEVC MPEG-DASH streaming
Jan 5, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has teamed up with Harmonic at CES to demonstrate hybrid AVC/HEVC, MPEG-DASH technology - called HybridDASH. The companies will also demonstrate 1080i HEVC broadcast video delivery using SAFF standard syntax.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Harmonic Inc, Sally Daub, Thierry Fautier, CES2022, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
ViXS SoC first to support 12-bit High Dynamic Range
Jan 5, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced 12-bit High Dynamic Range (HDR) support in its SoCs. 12-bit HDR technology is the next evolutionary step in creating lifelike video experiences for the consumer.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sally Daub, CES2022, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Panasonic and ViXS collaborate on UHD 4K streaming for AX800 TVs
Oct 31, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Panasonic and ViXS have collaborated on updated UHD 4K functions for Panasonic's AX800 line of Ultra HD (UHD) 4K TVs, including UHD 4K Netflix streaming services.
News categories: ViXS, Panasonic, Sally Daub, Yuki Kusumi, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Sling Media and ViXS team on Network Transcoder for MSOs and MVPDs
Oct 15, 2014 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) and ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) have announced their collaboration on Sling Media's new network transcoder, a plug-and-play, stand-alone Slingbox targeted at MSOs and MVPDs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sling Media, Sally Daub, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Placeshifting, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
ViXS powers Toshiba 4K TVs with SKY PerfectTV!
Oct 6, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Toshiba's new line of Ultra HD-4K TVs, powered by the ViXS XCode 6400, will support the new SKY Perfect JSAT UHD 4K broadcast service, which has been operational since June 2014.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Toshiba, SKY Perfect JSAT, Sally Daub, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart TV
ViXS powers Slingbox M1 and SlingTV boxes
Jul 21, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Sling Media's just-announced Slingbox M1 and SlingTV products are based upon ViXS' XCode SoC media processor product family.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sling Media, Sally Daub, Michael Hawkey, Digital TV, Mobile, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
ViXS XCode 6400 powers 4K Ultra HD live broadcast by Sky Deutschland
Jun 6, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Sky Deutschland has chosen the ViXS XCode 6400 System on Chip (SoC) for a live Satellite 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) test broadcast of the DFB Pokal Final in Berlin on May 17th.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sky Deutschland, Sally Daub, Germany, Satellite, Semiconductor
ViXS 4K HEVC decoder SoC powers Sharp UltraHD 4K recorder and televisions
May 20, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Sharp has chosen the ViXS XCode 6400 SoC to power its TU-UD1000 Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K Recorder, as well as its UD20 series UHD 4K digital TVs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sharp Corp, Fumitoshi Matsuura, Sally Daub, Digital TV, DVR, Japan, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Technicolor selects ViXS SoC for 60p HEVC UltraHD 4K set-top boxes
Apr 30, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Technicolor has chosen the ViXS XCode 6400 System on Chip (SoC) for their new Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K set-top box (STB) product line.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Technicolor, Sally Daub, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service