Digital TV News: Samsung
MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
Apr 6, 2021 – Samsung has introduced an 8K QLED TV, powered by MediaTek's MT7921AU, supporting Wi-Fi 6E. Wi-Fi 6E makes use of 6GHz spectrum to offer multi-gigabit data throughput, lower latency and the latest security and connection reliability features.
News categories: MediaTek, Samsung, Jerry Yu, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
Apr 6, 2021 – Ekstraklasa, the Polish top tier football league, has chosen Red Bee Media as technology partner for the development of its Ekstraklasa.TV streaming platform. The evolution of Ekstraklasa.TV will commence this season.
News categories: Red Bee, Ekstraklasa, Steve Nylund, Marcin Animucki, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Worldwide
Samsung TV Plus launches in India
Mar 31, 2021 – Samsung has launch Samsung TV Plus in India, a service which offers consumers with Samsung Smart TVs free TV content, including ad-supported live channels and on-demand videos, with no additional device such as a set top box.
News categories: Samsung, Reshma Prasad Virmani, Digital TV, India, OTT, Smart TV
Share of top five TV brands continues to grow
Mar 24, 2021 – According to Trendforce, better access to panels and components has meant that the combined market share of the top five TV brands is now over 60%. This figure is expected to further increase to 62% in 2021.
News categories: Trendforce, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
30% of UK households now use Samsung's Tizen Smart TV platform
Mar 23, 2021 – Nearly a third of UK households now connect at least one TV to the internet using Samsung’s Tizen smart TV platform, according to Strategy Analytics. Samsung holds a clear lead over platforms operated by Amazon, Sony and LG.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Mercer, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Global programmatic CTV ad spend increases 2.2x in 2020
Mar 23, 2021 – Pixalate has released a report on programmatic CTV advertising in 2020, covering ad spend trends by global region, ad fraud in programmatic CTV advertising, and trends in the Roku and Amazon Fire TV app stores.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Velocix poweres Entel OTT streaming service in Chile
Mar 18, 2021 – Entel is using Velocix’s IP CDN, origin server and video recording management software to support Chile's newest OTT streaming service, which uses the first Android TV Operator Tier Box in the country.
News categories: Velocix, Entel, Anthony Berkeley, Cristian Hofer, Android TV, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Tizen Smart TV streaming platform scaled new heights in 2020
Mar 16, 2021 – Samsung’s Tizen smart TV streaming platform further extended its lead in 2020 as the number of Tizen devices in use worldwide increased by 21% year-on-year to 162.3 million, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Disruptel gets seed funding for content-driven voice assistant
Mar 12, 2021 – Disruptel has completed a $1.15 million seed funding round. The company's Context product, allows users to ask questions about the content on their Connected TVs through their remote control and receive immediate answers.
News categories: Disruptel, Alex Quinn, Digital TV, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.