Digital TV News: Sean Cunningham
TVision concludes $16m investment round led by iSpot
Nov 15, 2022 – TVision has closed an investment round of $16m for the continued transformation and modernization of its person-level panel measurement. The round was led by iSpot along with continued support from SIG Capital, Accomplice, and Golden Ventures.
News categories: TVision, iSpot, Yan Liu, Sean Muller, Sean Cunningham, Kelly Abcarian, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
OpenAP launches TV cross-platform measurement framework powered by OpenID
Dec 9, 2021 – OpenAP has announced the launch of XPm, a cross-platform measurement framework. XPm is the collective TV publisher response to the ANA's call to evolve to a cross-screen media measurement framework for marketers.
News categories: OpenAP, VAB, GroupM, ANA, David Levy, Sean Cunningham, Matt Sweeney, Bill Tucker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
Jun 22, 2021 – Several U.S. television distributors and TV brands have announced the formation of Go Addressable, an industry initiative designed to accelerate efforts to deliver scaled, addressable TV.
News categories: Go Addressable, Adam Gerber, Mike Dean, Sean Cunningham, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
New 605 index measures impact of TV advertising on both branding and sales
May 30, 2018 – 605 has announced the launch of the 605 Impact Index which measures the impact of TV advertising on both branding and sales. The index will enable clients to optimize both brand marketing and sales outcomes from TV advertising investments.
News categories: 605, Ben Tatta, Aaron Bernstein, Sean Cunningham, Advertising, Big Data, USA
Cable Industry Launches SelecTV™ Brand to Promote Viewer Adoption Of ITV
May 10, 2010 – The U.S. cable industry has announced the launch of 'SelecTV™,' a consumer-facing brand that will appear on-screen to indicate the availability of interactive television content.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, SelecTV, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Irdeto Strengthens Content Security Solutions and Expands Security Portfolio with Acquisition of Cloakware
Dec 4, 2007 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), has announced that it has acquired 100 percent of Cloakware, a privately held software company based in Vienna, Virginia, USA and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
News categories: Irdeto, Cloakware, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, MandA, Mobile, Venture Capital
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution