Digital TV News: Srini
Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
Sep 14, 2021 – Amagi has extended its partnership with Rakuten TV. For Rakuten TV, Amagi is delivering a line-up of nearly 50 linear channels, working alongside Rakuten TV's monetization partner Rakuten Advertising.
News categories: Amagi, Rakuten TV, Srinivasan KA, Jacinto Roca, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe
IRIS.TV enables contextual ad targeting on the Amagi platform
Sep 9, 2021 – IRIS.TV and Amagi have announced that they have entered into a partnership to enable contextual targeting on ad inventory of premium CTV content from participating content brands on Amagi platform.
News categories: IRIS.TV, Amagi, Field Garthwaite, Srinivasan KA, Sudhir Shabad, Douglas Paul, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
Jul 21, 2021 – Amagi has announced that the French alternative lifestyle channel, OFIVE TV, has partnered with it for the distribution of their channel to international Free Ad Supported Streaming TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Amagi, OFIVE TV, Srinivasan KA, Nicolas Malimur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
May 7, 2021 – Amagi has announced that Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) is using its server side ad insertion platform, Amagi THUNDERSTORM 2.0. The enhancement has resulted in a 47% increase in ad revenue since the new deployment.
News categories: Amagi, Cinedigm, Srinivasan KA, Tony Huidor, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ABS-CBN channels go live on the Amagi CLOUDPORT platform
Apr 1, 2021 – Amagi has announced that ABS-CBN has partnered with Amagi to consolidate its operations in the cloud. In early February, seven channels from ABS-CBN went live on the Amagi CLOUDPORT platform.
News categories: Amagi, ABS-CBN, Srinivasan KA, Erwin Malimban, Content Distribution, Philippines
WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
Mar 8, 2021 – Ittiam Systems has licensed its cloud based content adaptive media transcoder solution to WOWOW, a satellite TV station in Japan. The Transcoder provides video encoding with an AAC Audio encoder.
News categories: Ittiam, WOWOW, Ichiro Minagawa, Yuichi Sogo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
Mar 4, 2021 – Amagi has launched Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress for content owners who are looking to create 24x7 linear channels and distribute them to streaming TV and Free Ad Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Amagi, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
Nov 18, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it has enabled BUZZR to transition to cloud-managed broadcast operations. BUZZR has integrated its broadcast workflows, across over-the-air, cable and OTT, onto a single unified platform.
News categories: Amagi, BUZZR, Srinivasan KA, Mark Deetjen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Amagi to power Crackle Plus linear channels on FAST platforms
Nov 9, 2020 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a collaboration between Crackle Plus and Amagi to power the linear channel experience for Crackle, Popcornflix and other channels on a growing list of Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Crackle Plus, Amagi, Philippe Guelton, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030