Digital TV News: Steve Hawley
Cumulative US piracy loss for streaming services to exceed $113bn by 2027
Apr 18, 2023 – Parks Associates has announced that by the end of 2027, there will be a cumulative loss to piracy of $113 billion for streaming video providers serving US consumers.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Hawley, Sarah Lee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Widevine® Expands Ability to Secure In-Home Networks
Jun 11, 2008 – Widevine Technologies has announced expanded capabilities for operators to quickly and affordably secure content between multiple devices within an in-home network using Cypher 4.2.
News categories: Widevine, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
MRG's Global IPTV Market Leaders Report Reflects Market Resilience
May 13, 2008 – The new worldwide IPTV Forecast from MRG, Inc. confirms that the increased revenues of Telcos and IPTV Operators remain in positive financial territory, and are not negatively impacted by the global turmoil in the credit, oil and housing sectors.
News categories: MRG, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
MRG Releases IPTV Middleware Report Identifying Leaders in Global Race
Jul 16, 2007 – Based on deployed subscribers, Thomson, Cascade, Alcatel-Lucent (MiViewTV), UTStarcom and Nokia Siemens Networks (Myrio) ranked in the top five globally. Microsoft Mediaroom (ex-IPTV Edition) ranked last out of fourteen IPTV companies.
News categories: MRG, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media