Digital TV News: TPV
ZEASN debuts WhalePay payment service
Nov 4, 2022 – ZEASN has released a global payment service, WhalePay. Specializing in the smart home market, the real-time payment service tackles the problem of corporate international payments, empowering more enterprises to expand to overseas markets.
News categories: ZEASN, Suriko Wei, Smart Home, Worldwide
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
ZEASN introduces Whale OS Turnkey 2.0 Smart TV solution on Novatek SoCs
Jan 11, 2022 – ZEASN has released Whale OS Turnkey 2.0. Built on ZEASN’s Whale OS, the turnkey Smart TV solution offers a customized UI, the most requested advanced smart TV features, and brings the native app experience to TV viewers.
News categories: ZEASN, Novatek, Raymond Chung, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
Smartlabs develops apps for ZEASN Smart TV operating system
Nov 30, 2021 – SmartLabs has developed client applications on Whale OS for a customer in the telecom sector, expanding the number of supported operating systems for its applications. Whale OS is a smart TV operating system from ZEASN.
News categories: Smartlabs, ZEASN, Mikhail Grachev, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Globoplay app for Philips and AOC TVs via partnership with ZEASN
Nov 2, 2021 – ZEASN has announced a partnership with Globo. As part of the deal, the biggest Brazilian streaming service, Globoplay, has been made available via a native solution on the latest Philips and AOC smart TVs.
News categories: ZEASN, TPV, Globo, Jason He, Eduardo Brunoro, Fernando Ramos, Apps, Brazil, Smart TV, Streaming
LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
Mar 3, 2021 – While in recent years OLED TV has seen its share of the premium TV market deteriorate, OLED TVs and the brands that sell them regained much of that lost ground in the fourth quarter of 2020, according to DSCC.
News categories: DSCC, Bob O’Brien, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
AOC Brazil launches Smart TV powered by ZEASN
Dec 18, 2020 – ZEASN has announced the arrival of its Whale OS Turnkey Solution in Brazil. In partnership with TPV Group, the Whale OS powered AOC Smart TV Series 6305 (Model 50U6305) has launched in Brazil.
News categories: ZEASN, AOC Brazil, TPV Group, Jason He, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, UX
LCD TV makers plan aggressive TV display purchasing for 2021
Oct 27, 2020 – According to Omdia, total LCD TV panel shipments are set to decline by 6% in 2021. However, the global top 15 TV brands want to grow their LCD TV shipments to new highs, up 9% YoY, if they are able to secure panel supply.
News categories: Omdia, Deborah Yang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Advanced TV revenues to reach $26bn by 2025
Apr 27, 2020 – Advanced TV revenues are forecast to grow at a 9% rate from 2019 to 2025 to $26 billion, according to DSCC. Advanced TV is any TV with advanced display technology, including OLED TVs, 8K LCD TVs and LCD TVs with quantum dot technology.
News categories: DSCC, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023