Digital TV News: TPV
Advanced TV revenues to reach $26bn by 2025
Apr 27, 2020 – Advanced TV revenues are forecast to grow at a 9% rate from 2019 to 2025 to $26 billion, according to DSCC. Advanced TV is any TV with advanced display technology, including OLED TVs, 8K LCD TVs and LCD TVs with quantum dot technology.
News categories: DSCC, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TCL ranked #2 in TV shipments in 2019
Mar 2, 2020 – According to Sigmaintell, TCL Electronics (01070.HK) grew strongly in overseas markets in 2019 driving the company's total TV shipments for the year to 32 million units, up 12% over the previous year.
News categories: TCL, Sigmaintell, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
Jan 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in Brazil. The TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, TPV, Globoplay, G2C Globo, Anthony Wood, Arthur van Rest, Andre Romanon, Erick Brêtas, Fernando Ramos, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB to showcase DVB-I at IBC 2019
Sep 10, 2019 – DVB has announced that at IBC it will present the world's first demonstration of linear TV services using the DVB-I solution, which relies on internet-based access and streaming mechanisms alongside classical broadcasting techniques.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Peter Siebert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amazon brings more Fire TV Edition devices to Europe and North America
Sep 4, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a lineup of more than 15 new Fire TV Edition products, including the world’s first Fire TV Edition smart TV with built-in far-field voice control and the first OLED Fire TV Edition smart TV.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, UK, USA, UX
MatrixStream introduces OTT solution for IPTV operators
Jan 25, 2017 – MatrixStream introduces the MatrixCloud OTT solution for IPTV operators enabling rollout in less than 60 days. Operators can utilize MatrixCloud OTT to launch skinny channel bundles, subscription VOD or standalone video packages.
News categories: MatrixStream, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Worldwide
TPV adopts Allegro DVT DVB HEVC System compliance streams
Dec 10, 2015 – Allegro DVT has announced that TPV, a manufacturer of monitors and LCD TVs, has adopted Allegro DVT's DVB HEVC System compliance streams for the validation of a new range of HEVC-enabled LCD TV models.
News categories: Allegro DVT, TPV, Pierre Marty, QoE, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV makers re-assessing smart TV strategies due to limited return on investment
Nov 7, 2014 – Smart TV sales reached 90 million units worldwide in 2013 and will grow at 21% CAGR to reach 228 million in 2018, according to Futuresource Consulting. However the industry may be re-assessing its smart TV strategy, due to limited return on the investment.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Jack Wetherill, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers