Digital TV News: TVision
T-Mobile TVision Live, Live+ and Live Zone services winding down on April 29
Mar 29, 2021 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has instead announced plans to expand its collaboration with Google across a wide array of customer experiences later this year, including embracing YouTube TV as T-Mobile’s premium TV solution.
News categories: T-Mobile, Google, Mike Sievert, Hiroshi Lockheimer, Android TV, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TVision data enables person-level ad measurement
Nov 16, 2020 – TVision has announced Advanced Audience Projections. TV measurement and advertising platform players, including Oracle Data Cloud, Xandr, VideoAmp and iSpot are already using the data to go beyond household data to person-level measurement.
News categories: TVision, Yan Liu, Kevin Whitcher, Jason Burke, Jonathan Steuer, Robert Bareuther, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TVision secures $16 million in new funding
Nov 2, 2020 – TVision has announced that it has secured $16 million in new funding, led by SIG Asia Investments. Major corporations, networks and CTV platforms rely on TVision for person-level TV engagement data.
News categories: TVision, Susquehanna International Group, Yan Liu, Ye Li, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Venture Capital
T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
Oct 27, 2020 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the company’s latest Un-carrier move, three distinct streaming services — TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS — and the TVision HUB, a streaming device, available nationwide on November 1.
News categories: T-Mobile, Mike Sievert, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TVision releases H1 2020 TV Performance Report
Aug 27, 2020 – TVision has released its H1 2020 TV Performance Report. The report recognizes the brands, commercials, and TV/OTT content that best captured viewer engagement in a period that saw unprecedented levels of TV viewing and major changes to programming and advertising.
News categories: TVision, Luke McGuinness, Joanne Leong, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
TCL launches televisions with Android TV in the U.S.
Jun 5, 2020 – TCL has announced that it will offer TCL TVs featuring Android TV in the U.S. Leveraging its years-long mobile device partnership with Google, TCL's new televisions diversify the company's product lineup.
News categories: TCL, Shalini Govil-Pai, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Vevo partners with TVision to track video content engagement
Jan 29, 2020 – Vevo has partnered with TVision to understand how viewers engage with its content. TVision’s data identifies how long viewers stay engaged with videos, viewer demographics, and how viewers watch videos - including co-viewing and bingeing.
News categories: TVision Insights, Vevo, Luke McGuinness, Bryon Schafer, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
T-Mobile and Amazon to bring Prime Video to TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced an agreement bringing Prime Video to TVision Home later this year. TVision customers with a Prime membership will be able to watch all Prime content through the Prime Video app on TVision.
News categories: T-Mobile, Prime Video, TVision, Mike Sievert, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA
T-Mobile introduces TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has introduced TVision Home, a rebranded and upgraded version of Layer3 TV. TVision Home is launching in Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington DC metro areas, as well as Longmont CO, with other markets coming later this year.
News categories: T-Mobile, TVision, John Legere, Mike Sievert, 5G, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020