Digital TV News: Telecom Italia Media
ADB is first to market with MPEG-DASH implementation
Jan 6, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it is first to market with a commercial MPEG-DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP) implementation, making standardised video delivery via the internet a reality for the first time.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Mediaset launches Infinity OTT on Tivùon! platform with Intertrust DRM
Dec 17, 2013 – Mediaset and Intertrust have announced that Mediaset’s new Infinity Over the Top (OTT) television service has launched using Intertrust’s ExpressPlay Digital Rights Management (DRM) platform to protect valuable video content.
News categories: Intertrust, Mediaset, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Talal Shamoon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, Streaming
Telecom Italia IPTV and Cubovision underperforming
Sep 29, 2011 – The Telecom Italia Media Board has agreed early termination of its service agreement with Telecom Italia, as forecasts of rapid expansion for Telecom Italia's IPTV and Cubovision services have proven to be optimistic.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Telecom Italia Media, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Streaming
ADB launches Tivù Sat i-CAN MHP box for Italy
Aug 26, 2009 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX:ADBN) has announced the launch of an interactive digital satellite set-top box, the i-CAN1110SH, designed for the Italian Tivù Sat offering. The box is to be distributed in Italy by ADB's partner ZAP.
News categories: Tivù, Advanced Digital Broadcast, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
'TivùSat' DTH to launch in Italy on July 31st
Jul 22, 2009 – Tivù, the company owned by RAI (48.25%), Mediaset (48.25%) and Telecom Italia Media (3.5%), has announced that the launch of TivùSat will be July 31st. TivùSat is Italy's first free-to-air satellite TV service.
News categories: Tivù, RAI, Mediaset, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite, Smart TV
Nagravision selected as CAS supplier for Tivù Sat
Feb 23, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) will provide the conditional access system (CAS) for Tivu Sat. Tivu Sat is the free-to-air (FTA) satellite service jointly owned by Italian broadcasters RAI, Mediaset and Telecom Italia Media.
News categories: Nagravision, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
Swedish AirplusTV closes Digital Terrestrial pay-TV deal with Telecom Italia
Dec 2, 2008 – AirplusTV Group and Telecom Italia Media finalized the agreement for the transfer of all activities concerning the Digital Terrestrial pay-TV platform La7 Cartapi'u to the Italian division of AirplusTV.
News categories: AirplusTV, Telecom Italia Media, Italy, MandA, Terrestrial
Telecom Italia Media: The Board of Directors Approves Results at December 31, 2007
Feb 28, 2008 – During the first half of the year, a contract was finalized to acquire frequencies in Sicily. Following this transaction, the national coverage of the two Digital Multiplexes increased to 87.2% and 74.9%, respectively.
News categories: Telecom Italia Media, Earnings Release, Content Distribution, Italy, Results, Terrestrial
SmarDTV launches universal CAM technology for Italy
Nov 30, 2007 – SmarDTV, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company, has announced the availability of a new Conditional Access Module (CAM) for Italy, and is currently demonstrating the product at the National Digital Terrestrial TV Conference in Torino.
News categories: SmarDTV, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart