Digital TV News: Telly
New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
May 26, 2023 – New DIRECTV STREAM customers who sign-up for the service can receive priority access to the waiting list for a Telly 55” 4K dual-screen TV due to launch later this summer.
News categories: Telly, DIRECTV, Ilya Pozin, Vikash Sharma, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Telly launches free dual screen Smart TV in the U.S.
May 15, 2023 – Telly has developed a TV combining a 55" 4K HDR display with a separate built-in Smart Screen. Telly has opened ordering for 500,000 free units that will begin shipping to U.S. consumers this summer.
News categories: Telly, Ilya Pozin, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
Sep 27, 2022 – Sky has announced the launch of Sky Stream, providing entertainment streamed to any TV over Wi-Fi, with no dish or installation required. Sky Stream brings the Sky Glass UI and experience to more people.
News categories: Sky, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
May 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the acquisition of Utelly, a content discovery platform provider. Its offerings include metadata aggregation, search and recommendations, as well as content management and a content promotion engine.
News categories: Synamedia, Utelly, Paul Segre, Romain Eude, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
Synamedia expands Synamedia Go cloud video suite
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the launch of its complete Synamedia Go cloud video suite. Synamedia Go offers video service providers everything they need to launch a streaming service as well as the ability to customize it to increase value.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Tom Morrod, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
Mar 2, 2021 – Virgin Media has announced that the latest update in its TV line-up, Virgin TV 360, is now available to all its customers. Virgin TV 360 offers modern menus, quick navigation and a host of popular apps and channels all in one place.
News categories: Virgin Media, Annie Brooks, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UK
Virgin Media launches Horizon-powered TV platform in the UK
Nov 10, 2020 – Virgin Media has announced its new TV platform, Virgin TV 360. The advanced TV line-up includes a Mini box, new TV remote with voice control and smart features which offer an integrated, voice activated and personalised service.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Annie Brooks, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UK
Six in ten UK households use streaming services
Nov 27, 2019 – Six in ten households (61%) in the UK currently watch streaming services, rising to more than three quarters (77%) of 18- to 34-year-olds. More than four in ten (41%) over-55s also signed up to at least one provider, according to research from uSwitch.com.
News categories: uSwitch, Dani Warner, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
Jan 17, 2019 – BritBox, the SVOD streaming service from BBC Studios, has announced that it is celebrating half million (500,000) subscribers, doubling year-on-year, as it ends its 22nd month in the U.S. and 11th month in Canada.
News categories: BritBox, BBC Studios, ITV, Soumya Sriraman, Ann Sarnoff, Martin Goswami, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin