Digital TV News: Thomson Broadcast
Synamedia, Thomson Broadcast, Triveni Digital offer ATSC 3.0 Channel-in-the-Cloud
May 6, 2020 – Synamedia has announced an ATSC 3.0-ready cloud solution with Thomson Broadcast and Triveni Digital, providing a fast way for station operators to trial ATSC 3.0 with minimal disruption to their existing stations before investing in on-premise equipment.
News categories: Synamedia, Thomson Broadcast, Triveni Digital, Julien Signes, Aby Alexander, Mark Simpson, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
Nov 12, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that the Malian Transmission and Broadcasting Corporation (SMTD) has chosen VO's cardless CAS to secure its DTT platform. Thomson Broadcast will manage the deployment of the DTT infrastructure.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, SMTD, Arnaud Alvarez, Ismaila Togola, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mali, Terrestrial
Thomson Broadcast returns to the U.S. targeting ATSC 3.0
Apr 2, 2019 – Thomson Broadcast has announced that it is expanding its business to the United States in response to what it sees as a invigorated broadcast television market spurred by the channel repack and the deployment of ATSC 3.0 Next Gen TV.
News categories: Thomson Broadcast, Groupe Sipromad, Aby Alexander, Jay Yogeshwar, Ylias Akbaraly, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Thomson Video Networks powers Ivory Coast DTT pilot
Sep 29, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that its HD/SD encoding and video processing solutions are being deployed as part of a pilot digital terrestrial television (DTT) video headend for CNM-TNT, the Ivory Coast committee heading the country's transition to digital.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Thomson Broadcast, Christophe Delahousse, Pascal Veillat, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Azerbaijan's B&B TV Chooses Thomson Transmitters for HD Broadcasts
Oct 4, 2012 – Thomson Broadcast has announced that B&B TV Communication, the entity responsible for wireless-cable broadcasting of radio and television channels in Azerbaijan, has purchased Thomson's latest DVB-T/DVB-T2 Elite 100 GreenPower transmitters.
News categories: Thomson, B&B TV, Azerbaijan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
BRIC Countries to Drive DTT Receiver Market
Jul 23, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the DTT Receiver market. The active base for DTT Receivers is projected to reach 2.4 billion units by 2018, driven by TV digitization in the BRIC countries.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Towercom Bulgaria Selects Thomson for New DTTV Network
Nov 16, 2010 – Towercom Bulgaria has selected Thomson Broadcast as a strategic supplier in the rollout of a DVB-T-based digital terrestrial television (DTTV) network across Bulgaria.
News categories: Thomson Broadcast, Towercom, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Terrestrial
Irdeto Participates in First Joint Mobile TV Trial in Spain
Feb 14, 2007 – Irdeto has announced the successful conclusion of laboratory trials of the Irdeto Mobile Broadcast conditional access system with Abertis Telecom.
News categories: Irdeto, Abertis Telecom, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20, Spain
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet