Digital TV News: Tom Ryan
Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
May 18, 2022 – Pluto TV has expanded to the Nordics, launching in Sweden, Denmark and Norway. The service unveiled a programming line-up that features more than 70 unique and locally curated channels now live in each country.
News categories: Paramount, Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
ViacomCBS renames, and unveils international expansion plan for Paramount+
Feb 15, 2022 – ViacomCBS has announced that it will become Paramount Global effective February 16. The company will continue the global expansion of Paramount+ in 2022, with Paramount+ making its debut in France as a bundle through the CANAL+ Group.
News categories: Paramount, Shari Redstone, Bob Bakish, Tanya Giles, Digital TV, France, Streaming, Worldwide
TiVo devices to get Pluto TV
May 5, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a partnership with Pluto TV. The deal brings greater viewing options to TiVo, promoting ease of discovery and one-click access to Pluto TV programming. Pluto TV will be rolling out to TiVo devices in the coming weeks.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Pluto TV, Dave Shull, Tom Ryan, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Pluto TV arrives on Comcast Xfinity X1 set-tops
Jun 13, 2019 – Pluto TV has announced that it has launched on Comcast’s Xfinity X1. Pluto TV is already available to Comcast’s Internet-only customers who use the Xfinity Flex service. The launch expands Pluto TV's reach to millions more Comcast customers.
News categories: Pluto TV, Comcast, Tom Ryan, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Pluto TV coming to Cox Contour and Contour Stream Player
Jun 4, 2019 – Pluto TV and Cox Communications have announced that the Pluto TV app will soon be available to Contour and Contour Stream Player customers. The ad-supported platform offers more than 100 channels and thousands of hours of on-demand content.
News categories: Pluto TV, Cox Communications, Tom Ryan, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Viacom agrees to acquire Pluto TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Pluto TV, the leading free streaming television service in the U.S., for $340 million in cash.
News categories: Viacom, Pluto TV, Bob Bakish, Tom Ryan, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Pluto TV launches free Video On Demand offering
May 16, 2017 – Pluto TV has announced the launch of a free Video on Demand (VoD) offering. Like Pluto TV's lean-back TV channels, the VoD offering is powered by content partnerships with major networks, studios, and digital media brands.
News categories: Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity