Digital TV News: Tom Ryan
Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
May 18, 2022 – Pluto TV has expanded to the Nordics, launching in Sweden, Denmark and Norway. The service unveiled a programming line-up that features more than 70 unique and locally curated channels now live in each country.
News categories: Paramount, Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
ViacomCBS renames, and unveils international expansion plan for Paramount+
Feb 15, 2022 – ViacomCBS has announced that it will become Paramount Global effective February 16. The company will continue the global expansion of Paramount+ in 2022, with Paramount+ making its debut in France as a bundle through the CANAL+ Group.
News categories: Paramount, Shari Redstone, Bob Bakish, Tanya Giles, Digital TV, France, Streaming, Worldwide
TiVo devices to get Pluto TV
May 5, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a partnership with Pluto TV. The deal brings greater viewing options to TiVo, promoting ease of discovery and one-click access to Pluto TV programming. Pluto TV will be rolling out to TiVo devices in the coming weeks.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Pluto TV, Dave Shull, Tom Ryan, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Pluto TV arrives on Comcast Xfinity X1 set-tops
Jun 13, 2019 – Pluto TV has announced that it has launched on Comcast’s Xfinity X1. Pluto TV is already available to Comcast’s Internet-only customers who use the Xfinity Flex service. The launch expands Pluto TV's reach to millions more Comcast customers.
News categories: Pluto TV, Comcast, Tom Ryan, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Pluto TV coming to Cox Contour and Contour Stream Player
Jun 4, 2019 – Pluto TV and Cox Communications have announced that the Pluto TV app will soon be available to Contour and Contour Stream Player customers. The ad-supported platform offers more than 100 channels and thousands of hours of on-demand content.
News categories: Pluto TV, Cox Communications, Tom Ryan, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Viacom agrees to acquire Pluto TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Pluto TV, the leading free streaming television service in the U.S., for $340 million in cash.
News categories: Viacom, Pluto TV, Bob Bakish, Tom Ryan, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Pluto TV launches free Video On Demand offering
May 16, 2017 – Pluto TV has announced the launch of a free Video on Demand (VoD) offering. Like Pluto TV's lean-back TV channels, the VoD offering is powered by content partnerships with major networks, studios, and digital media brands.
News categories: Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.