Digital TV News: Trevor Neal
Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
Oct 22, 2021 – Amlogic has announced that Sky Glass, the streaming TV from Sky, is based on its Amlogic T962 series of chipsets and RDK driver platform, enabling the TV to run OTT streaming apps as well as handle DVB-T2 TV signals and Pay TV.
News categories: Amlogic, Sky, RDK, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Zenterio and MStar show set-top box software integration at Convergence India
Feb 6, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that it has integrated its Zenterio OS middleware for connected pay TV with set-top box (STB) chipsets from MStar Semiconductor. The combined software will be shown at Convergence India 2017.
News categories: Zenterio, MStar Semi, Ashley Reid, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
MStar launches 4k STB SoCs with HDR to SDR conversion
Sep 17, 2015 – MStar Semi has released a new range of 4K STB chipsets including HDR to SDR conversion. If an MStar-based set-top box detects that the TV has a programmable backlight then it can control the backlight to simulate HDR even on an SDR TV.
News categories: MStar Semi, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Futarque releases MStar-based Android STB dev kit
Sep 17, 2015 – Futarque has announced the release of their DVB-T2 based Android STB development kit. The kit is available as small complete STB motherboard that can be purchased directly in large volume and used as the heart of an STB development.
News categories: Futarque, MStar, Jesper Kaagaard, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar Semi ships 20 millionth HEVC decoder
Sep 15, 2014 – At IBC 2014 MStar Semiconductor announced the launch its 3rd generation of chipsets using the HEVC standard whilst also celebrating the milestone of 20 million HEVC decoders shipped.
News categories: MStar Semi, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, IBC2022, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028