Digital TV News: Trevor Neal
Zenterio and MStar show set-top box software integration at Convergence India
Feb 6, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that it has integrated its Zenterio OS middleware for connected pay TV with set-top box (STB) chipsets from MStar Semiconductor. The combined software will be shown at Convergence India 2017.
News categories: Zenterio, MStar Semi, Ashley Reid, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
MStar launches 4k STB SoCs with HDR to SDR conversion
Sep 17, 2015 – MStar Semi has released a new range of 4K STB chipsets including HDR to SDR conversion. If an MStar-based set-top box detects that the TV has a programmable backlight then it can control the backlight to simulate HDR even on an SDR TV.
News categories: MStar Semi, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Futarque releases MStar-based Android STB dev kit
Sep 17, 2015 – Futarque has announced the release of their DVB-T2 based Android STB development kit. The kit is available as small complete STB motherboard that can be purchased directly in large volume and used as the heart of an STB development.
News categories: Futarque, MStar, Jesper Kaagaard, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar Semi ships 20 millionth HEVC decoder
Sep 15, 2014 – At IBC 2014 MStar Semiconductor announced the launch its 3rd generation of chipsets using the HEVC standard whilst also celebrating the milestone of 20 million HEVC decoders shipped.
News categories: MStar Semi, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement