Digital TV News: Trevor Neal
Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
Oct 22, 2021 – Amlogic has announced that Sky Glass, the streaming TV from Sky, is based on its Amlogic T962 series of chipsets and RDK driver platform, enabling the TV to run OTT streaming apps as well as handle DVB-T2 TV signals and Pay TV.
News categories: Amlogic, Sky, RDK, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Zenterio and MStar show set-top box software integration at Convergence India
Feb 6, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that it has integrated its Zenterio OS middleware for connected pay TV with set-top box (STB) chipsets from MStar Semiconductor. The combined software will be shown at Convergence India 2017.
News categories: Zenterio, MStar Semi, Ashley Reid, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
MStar launches 4k STB SoCs with HDR to SDR conversion
Sep 17, 2015 – MStar Semi has released a new range of 4K STB chipsets including HDR to SDR conversion. If an MStar-based set-top box detects that the TV has a programmable backlight then it can control the backlight to simulate HDR even on an SDR TV.
News categories: MStar Semi, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Futarque releases MStar-based Android STB dev kit
Sep 17, 2015 – Futarque has announced the release of their DVB-T2 based Android STB development kit. The kit is available as small complete STB motherboard that can be purchased directly in large volume and used as the heart of an STB development.
News categories: Futarque, MStar, Jesper Kaagaard, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar Semi ships 20 millionth HEVC decoder
Sep 15, 2014 – At IBC 2014 MStar Semiconductor announced the launch its 3rd generation of chipsets using the HEVC standard whilst also celebrating the milestone of 20 million HEVC decoders shipped.
News categories: MStar Semi, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, IBC2022, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December