Digital TV News: Verizon Media
Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
May 3, 2021 – Verizon (NYSE: VZ) and Apollo Global Management (NYSE: APO) have announced that funds managed by affiliates of Apollo have entered into an agreement to acquire Verizon Media for $5 billion.
News categories: Verizon Media, Apollo, Guru Gowrappan, Hans Vestberg, Reed Rayman, David Sambur, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Verizon Media and VIZIO announce connected TV advertising partnership
Apr 29, 2021 – Verizon Media and VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) have announced a cross-platform and connected TV (CTV) advertising partnership. Verizon Media gains DSP access to VIZIO's Inscape viewership data from more than 18M opted-in VIZIO Smart TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Verizon Media, Mike O’Donnell, Iván Markman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Entain and Verizon Media to develop VR experience for live sports
Dec 17, 2020 – Verizon Media and Entain plc (LSE: ENT) have announced that they will develop a highly immersive proof of concept VR experience that will combine live sports viewing with interactive layers of sports data and gaming.
News categories: Verizon Media, Entain, Guru Gowrappan, Shay Segev, Digital TV, Market Research, UK, USA, UX, VR
Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
Sep 15, 2020 – Verizon Media has launched OTT Smart Auction, a header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers. OTT Smart Auction enables OTT programmatic demand to compete with reserved demand in a real-time auction on a publisher's ad server.
News categories: Verizon Media, Iván Markman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBC, Worldwide
DISH Media and Verizon Media automate addressable advertising
Aug 31, 2020 – Verizon Media has announced an advanced TV partnership with DISH Media in which Verizon Media’s demand-side platform (DSP) will provide automated access to DISH’s household addressable ad inventory.
News categories: Verizon Media, DISH Media, Kelly Liang, Kevin Arrix, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
Jun 30, 2020 – Verizon Media has introduced a TV tune-in attribution product that allows broadcasters, networks and media companies to quantify the impact of digital ad campaigns on consumers tuning into TV shows.
News categories: Verizon Media, Iván Markman, Seth Goren, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Ampersand to sell Verizon Fios addressable TV inventory
May 5, 2020 – Ampersand and Verizon Media have announced that Ampersand will serve as the exclusive seller of Verizon Fios' addressable TV inventory and has also selected Verizon Media’s DSP as their primary buying platform for CTV and OTT inventory.
News categories: Verizon Media, Ampersand, Iván Markman, Nicolle Pangis, Advertising, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Verizon Media launches monetization platform enhancements
Apr 21, 2020 – Verizon Media has added a range of capabilities that include advertising tools to improve transparency in the bidding process and track ad performance, as well as features that maximize audience reach and enhance live event streaming.
News categories: Verizon Media, Ariff Sidi, Advertising, USA
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
- Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing