Digital TV News: Walmart
VIZIO reports Q3 2023 financial results
Nov 9, 2023 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended September 30, 2023. The company reported 17.9 million SmartCast Active Accounts. SmartCast ARPU was $31.55, up 14% YoY.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
NBCUniversal to air shoppable TV episodes with Walmart
Nov 6, 2023 – Walmart and NBCUniversal have announced a partnership that allows Bravo fans to 'shop the moment' on Peacock. Fans can shop directly from the retailer while tuning in to 'Below Deck Mediterranean'.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Walmart, Josh Feldman, William White, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
VIZIO reports Q1 2023 financial results
May 9, 2023 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended March 31, 2023. The company reported that there are now 17.5 million SmartCast Active Accounts. SmartCast ARPU was $29.20, up 23% YoY.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Paramount+ added 9.9 million subscribers in Q4 2022
Feb 16, 2023 – Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2022. Paramount+ subscribers grew to nearly 56 million following a record quarterly increase of 9.9 million.
News categories: Paramount, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
VIDAA brings Smart TV OS to the U.S. market with Hisense
Jan 6, 2023 – VIDAA has launched its OS in the U.S. market on Hisense Smart TVs following a large-scale deployment in Latin America, completing the global distribution of VIDAA in all major markets.
News categories: VIDAA, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Charter, Comcast streaming joint venture to take Xumo brand
Nov 2, 2022 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) and Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced that their streaming joint venture will now operate as Xumo, evolving the brand from a FAST service to an entire entertainment ecosystem.
News categories: Xumo, Charter Communications, Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Roku to launch Smart Home product line with Walmart
Oct 12, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Walmart (NYSE: WMT) have launched smart home products from Roku, including security cameras, video doorbells, lighting, plugs, and more, to be available exclusively in Walmart stores.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Mustafa Ozgen, Mark Robins, Laura Rush, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA
Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
Sep 26, 2022 – Charter Communications has announced the availability of the Spectrum TV App on XClass TV. XClass TVs, currently sold by Walmart, are available in 50" and 43" screen sizes with 4K Ultra HD resolution.
News categories: Charter Communications, Jodi Robinson, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
Aug 15, 2022 – Walmart is taking its membership offering to the next level by adding a new streaming benefit. Walmart+ will soon be available for members with an added bonus – a Paramount+ Essential subscription at no extra cost.
News categories: Walmart, Paramount, Chris Cracchiolo, Jeff Shultz, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery