Digital TV News: Wolfgang Zeller
Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with Velocix
Dec 7, 2021 – Velocix has announced that it has supported the expansion of Vodafone Deutschland’s GigaTV service with its open audio-video (AV) pipeline software, including its carrier-grade CDN, origin server, and video personalisation platform.
News categories: Velocix, Vodafone, Anthony Berkeley, Wolfgang Zeller, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
Dec 1, 2021 – Kaltura (NASDAQ:KLTR) is powering the expansion of Vodafone TV into new markets with the recent launch of GigaTV in Germany. The service is available nationally, accessible to users in all of Vodafone’s networks and in Unitymedia’s cable network.
News categories: Kaltura, Vodafone, Ron Yekutiel, Wolfgang Zeller, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Vodafone and Kaltura extend cooperation to Greece, Romania and Portugal
Sep 11, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV technology is now supporting the launch of Vodafone TV in Greece, Romania and Portugal. A common cloud-based platform allows each OpCo to launch the Vodafone TV service within its country.
News categories: Kaltura, Vodafone, Ron Yekutiel, Wolfgang Zeller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2022, IPTV, Portugal, Romania
S3 Group selected by Kabel Deutschland for end-to-end service validation
May 12, 2014 – S3 Group has announced that it has been selected by Kabel Deutschland, Germany's largest cable network operator, to help it scale and validate video services on various consumer premises equipment (CPE).
News categories: S3 Group, Kabel Deutschland, Bernd Hansen, Philip Brennan, Wolfgang Zeller, John Maguire, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Germany, QoE
Kabel Deutschland First to Launch CI+ Modules in Germany
May 4, 2010 – NDS has announced that Kabel Deutschland, Germany's largest cable network operator and biggest triple play provider, is to introduce Common Interface Plus (CI+) modules based on the NDS VideoGuard® conditional access (CA) system.
News categories: NDS Group, Kabel Deutschland, ANGA COM, Cable TV, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report