Digital TV News: izzi
3D LCD TV Panel Shipments Grow 104% in Q1'11, DisplaySearch Reports
May 31, 2011 – According to DisplaySearch's latest Quarterly Large Area TFT LCD Shipment Report - Advanced LED+3D, 3D LCD TV panel shipments increased to 1.9 million units in Q1'11, jumping 104% Q/Q.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Smart TV
SeaChange's VividLogic Tru2Way® Software to be Integrated in Technicolor Set-Top Boxes
Jan 5, 2011 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced an agreement with Technicolor (Paris: TCH; NYSE: TCH) that will bring its VividLogic tru2way® software stack to Technicolor's range of Intel-based (NASDAQ: INTC) digital set-top boxes in 2011.
News categories: SeaChange International, Technicolor, Cable TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Technicolor, the first company to deliver 100 million gateways worldwide
Oct 25, 2010 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH ; NYSE: TCH) has announced that it has achieved the major milestone of 100 million gateways delivered worldwide, out of 500 million broadband connections deployed in households and businesses globally.
News categories: Technicolor, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Smart Home
Technicolor collaborates with Intel for next generation smart set-top boxes
Sep 15, 2010 – Technicolor (Paris: FR0010918292; NYSE: TCH) has announced that it is collaborating with Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) on its latest system on a chip, the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4200, formerly code-named Groveland.
News categories: Technicolor, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Technicolor and DIRECTV Sign Contract Extension for Set-Top Boxes
Jul 29, 2010 – Technicolor (Paris: FR0010918292; NYSE: TCH) has announced the signing of a three year contract extension to provide a wide range of SD and HD set-top boxes to DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV).
News categories: Technicolor, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Metaverse, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Consumers Start Buying 3D Televisions--but Challenges Loom
May 25, 2010 – According to iSuppli, worldwide shipments of 3D TVs -- introduced to the market for the first time in March -- are expected to reach 4.2 million units in 2010, thanks to increasing traction and acceptance from enthusiastic early adopters.
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Smart TV
LG Electronics Takes The Lead In 3D TV Through Partnership With SkyLife
Dec 15, 2009 – LG (Seoul: 066570) and Korea Digital Satellite Broadcasting (SkyLife) have signed an agreement for a strategic partnership to take the lead in the 3D TV industry, working closely together to set industry standards and on promotional activity.
News categories: LG Electronics, SkyLife, Digital TV, Korea, Metaverse, Satellite, Smart TV
Mobile Television - At Least Five Years Away from Realisation
Oct 9, 2008 – A new report out this week from StrategyEye, 'Mobile TV - Separating Hype from Reality', concludes that receiving television on our mobile phones will not be an everyday reality for at least another five years.
News categories: StrategyEye, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools