Angola Digital TV News
ZON Multimédia to offer satellite Pay TV in Angola
Dec 20, 2009 – ZON Multimédia (Lisbon:ZON) has announced that it plans to expand into Angola through a joint venture to be owned 30% by ZON Multimedia and 70% by SOCIP, with the purpose of developing a satellite based Pay TV offer.
News categories: ZON Multimédia, Angola, Digital TV, Satellite
Angola Telecom launches television by satellite in Cabinda
Dec 9, 2009 – Angola Telecom has launched a DTH television service in the Angolan enclave of Cabinda under the name 'UAU TV'. The service consists of 12 channels including TPA 1 and 2, RTP-Ãfrica, RTP Internacional, TVZimbo and Band Internacional.
News categories: Angola Telecom, Angola, Digital TV, Satellite
Multichoice Africa DTH reaches 1 million subscribers in 3Q09
Nov 26, 2009 – Naspers (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced results for the six months ended 30 September 2009. In South Africa the base grew by 238,000 to 2,639,000 households. In the rest of sub-Saharan Africa the base grew by 114,000 to 1,030,000 homes.
News categories: Naspers, MultiChoice, Irdeto, Angola, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DVR, Ghana, Kenya, Middleware, Namibia, Nigeria, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Africa's SADC sets 2013 analogue switch-off deadline
Jul 16, 2009 – The Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) has set December 2013 as the deadline for its members to switch from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
SatLink Launches New DTH Platform to Africa on Astra 4A
Apr 19, 2009 – SatLink Communications has announced that it has acquired its own capacity covering sub-Saharan Africa on ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite located at 5° East. The MCPC platform is for DTH broadcasters aiming to cover the region.
News categories: SatLink, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
GlobeCast launches new African DTH distribution platform on Astra 4A
Mar 3, 2009 – GlobeCast has announced that its African DTH platform has successfully started transmissions on SES ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite. African broadcaster VoxAfrica is one of the first channels to sign up for the new platform.
News categories: GlobeCast, VoxAfrica, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Naspers Limited Interim Results
Nov 26, 2008 – Naspers (JSE:NPN, LSE:NPSN) has announced its results for the six months ended September 2008. Pay-television (Multichoice) recorded exceptionally strong growth of 171,000 new subscribers. Irdeto shipped 8.3m units in 1H FY08.
News categories: Naspers, Multichoice, Irdeto, Angola, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Ghana, Kenya, Middleware, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
A newcomer is shaking up satellite television in Africa
Aug 14, 2008 – Gateway Communications's satellite-television subsidiary GTV, a company created just over a year ago, has signed up more than 100,000 customers in 20 countries - which, it reckons, translates into 1.25m regular viewers.
News categories: Gateway Communications, GTV, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Naspers Provisional Results for the Financial Year Ended 31 March 2008
Jun 25, 2008 – Naspers (JSE: NPN) has reported a 19% increase in revenue to R20,5 billion. Over the period the total pay-TV subscriber base grew by 13% (246,000 additional equated homes) to 2,5 million subscribers under management.
News categories: Naspers, Angola, Cyprus, Digital TV, DVR, Ghana, Greece, Kenya, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV