Content Distribution (service delivery platform, cloud video, media processing, CDN, satellite, transmitter, headend, …) News
NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
Nov 18, 2020 – Five local TV stations in Raleigh, NC, including WTVD (ABC), WNCN (CBS), WUVC (Univision), WLFL (CW), and WRDC (MyNet), have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, the ninth market launch this year for Bitpath.
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Luis Fernandez-Rocha, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Zixi announces partnership with Google Cloud
Nov 17, 2020 – Zixi has announced an alliance with Google Cloud that allows companies in the media, telecommunications and entertainment verticals to deliver end-to-end broadcast quality live video over IP using Google Cloud.
News categories: Zixi, Google Cloud, Eunice Park, Kip Schauer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Globo moves to cloud-based encoding with Bitmovin
Nov 10, 2020 – Bitmovin ahs announced that Globo, the largest mass media group in Latin America, has selected Bitmovin Encoding to speed up the delivery of 4K video streams to its digital subscribers.
News categories: Bitmovin, Globo, Lucas Teixeira Stephanou, Stefan Lederer, Igor Macaubas, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
CommScope and Kaltura deliver Cloud TV, hosted on AWS
Nov 10, 2020 – CommScope and Kaltura have announced that they are partnering to deliver cloud TV offerings to communications service providers and media companies worldwide. The integrated solutions will leverage the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, CommScope, Amazon Web Services, Gideon Gilboa, Kevin Keefe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Amagi to power Crackle Plus linear channels on FAST platforms
Nov 9, 2020 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a collaboration between Crackle Plus and Amagi to power the linear channel experience for Crackle, Popcornflix and other channels on a growing list of Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Crackle Plus, Amagi, Philippe Guelton, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
MEO grows pay TV market share in Portugal with MediaKind
Nov 9, 2020 – MediaKind has announced that its long-standing Mediaroom customer, MEO, has been recognized as Portugal's leading pay-TV service by market share. The report by ANACOM follows several recent upgrades by MediaKind to MEO's Mediaroom platform.
News categories: MediaKind, MEO, Damien Montessuit, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal
ENENSYS Technologies launches DTTConnect headend solution
Nov 6, 2020 – ENENSYS has launch DTTConnect. DTTConnect is a solution designed for next generation DTT head-ends. DTTConnect brings the maximum flexibility and scalability to optimize sizing of the head-end infrastructure according to need.
News categories: ENENSYS, Eric PINSON, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Edge Networks' Evoca goes live with COMARK ATSC 3.0 solution
Nov 4, 2020 – Hitachi Kokusai Electric Comark has announced that Edge Networks is 'on-the-air' with an ATSC 3.0 solution from Comark. Edge Networks is using ATSC 3.0 to deliver 80+ live, local, entertainment and sports channels to customers in Boise, ID.
News categories: Comark, Edge Networks, Evoca, Joe Turbolski, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
KONG-TV and GatesAir to bring NextGen TV to Seattle, WA
Nov 4, 2020 – TEGNA Inc.’s (NYSE: TGNA) KONG-TV has partnered with GatesAir on the infrastructure for NextGen TV in the Seattle-Tacoma, Washington market. KONG-TV plans to begin broadcasts for KONG-TV and KING 5 in early December.
News categories: GatesAir, TEGNA, KING 5 Media, Bruce D. Swail, Kurt Rao, Jim Rose, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic