Peru Digital TV News
DIRECTV Latin America launches DLA-1 satellite
Oct 17, 2014 – DIRECTV Latin America has announced the successful launch of a new satellite, DLA-1, that will enhance the entertainment experience for millions of customers served by DIRECTV’s PanAmericana division beginning in the first half of 2015.
News categories: DIRECTV Latin America, Jacopo Bracco, Argentina, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ecuador, Peru, Satellite, Uruguay, Venezuela
Pay TV growth in Latin America moderates in Q3 2014
Oct 14, 2014 – According to BB-Business Bureau, after a period of expansion due to the emergence of new technologies, new players and the World Cup in Brazil, pay TV growth in the third quarter moderated in most parts of the Latin America region.
News categories: BB-Business Bureau, Verónica Bianchini, Santiago Zapata, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Market Research, Mexico, Peru, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
DIRECTV US down 34,000 subscribers; DTVLA up 543,000 in 2Q 2014
Jul 31, 2014 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has reported second quarter 2014 results. DIRECTV U.S. net subscriber loss was 34 thousand. Sky Brasil and PanAmericana achieved record-breaking gross subscriber additions resulting in DTVLA net customer additions of 543,000.
News categories: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Latin America, Sky Mexico, Sky Brasil, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
Telefonica adds 494,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Jul 31, 2014 – Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) has released its second quarter 2014 results. Pay TV access growth was 32% year-on-year in organic terms reaching 4.2 million subscribers at the end of June, with 494 thousand net additions.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, IPTV, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
Peru adds 65,600 pay TV subscribers in 2013
Jun 10, 2014 – Peru's telecoms regulator (OSIPTEL) has released pay TV statistics for the country to the end of 2013. The country added 65,601 subscribers during 2013, to finish the year at 1,384,884, up 34,912 in the final quarter.
News categories: OSIPTEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Peru, Satellite, Subscribers
Telefónica Pay TV subscribers down 35,000 in 1Q 2014
May 9, 2014 – Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) has released its first quarter 2014 results. Pay TV accesses rose 8% year-on-year to 3.567 million. Total subscribers were down from 3.602 million at the end of 2013 owing to the sale of o2 Czech Republic.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Germany, IPTV, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
DIRECTV US adds 12,000 subscribers; DTVLA adds 361,000 in 1Q 2014
May 6, 2014 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has reported first quarter 2014 results. DIRECTV U.S. net subscriber additions at 12,000 were lower than the prior year period. DTVLA net additions of 361,000 were also lower than the prior year.
News categories: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Latin America, Sky Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
Telefónica selects Technicolor HD set-top boxes for Latin America
Jan 9, 2014 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced a partnership with Telefónica as its HD satellite set-top box provider, starting in Latin America. In parallel, Technicolor will provide support to Telefónica's cable operations in Peru.
News categories: Technicolor, Telefónica, Francois Rossiensky, David del Val, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Peru, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed