Digital TV News: ACMA
Online content viewing firmly established in Australia
Nov 30, 2016 – Australians’ increasing appetite for digital content is driving profound changes in mobile device use, services, infrastructure and content delivery. The ACMA’s Communications report 2015–16 contains data revealing current trends in consumer behaviour and industry responses.
News categories: Australian Communications and Media Authority, Richard Bean, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
ACMA starts discussion on DTT evolution in Australia
Jan 23, 2012 – The Australian Communications and Media Authority is considering the future technological evolution of free-to-air television after the transition to digital television is complete.
News categories: Australian Communications and Media Authority, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, VR
Australia issues licences for 3D TV trials
May 14, 2010 – The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has issued licences which will allow the Nine Network and the SBS to conduct scientific trials of 3D TV in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Newcastle and Wollongong.
News categories: ACMA, Australia, Digital TV, Regulation, Smart TV, Terrestrial, VR
New Zealand digital TV penetration now at 55%
Nov 20, 2008 – NZ On Air has released a report that studies developments in digital broadcasting. As at October 2008, New Zealand's digital penetration (including Sky) stood at 55%, suggesting that the target of 75% penetration by 2012 can be reached.
News categories: NZ On Air, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Terrestrial
ACMA report on IPTV and internet video services in Australia
May 7, 2008 – The Australian market for internet protocol television (IPTV) and internet video is less developed than many other international markets, according to a report by the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
News categories: ACMA, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT
Australia - Majority of households still to turn to digital free-to-air television
Apr 9, 2008 – Research released by the Australian Communications and Media Authority indicates only just over two out of five Australian households - 42 per cent - are watching digital television over the airwaves.
News categories: ACMA, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ACMA calls for comments on the development of digital television codes and standards
Dec 12, 2007 – The Australian Communications and Media Authority is seeking the views of interested parties on how ACMA and the industry should approach the development of codes and standards for digital television.
News categories: ACMA, Discussion Paper, Australia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Terrestrial
ACMA extends datacasting trial and approves new mobile television trial in Sydney on channels A and B
Mar 28, 2007 – ACMA has approved an application by Irdeto Access to conduct a digital video broadcasting-handheld (DVB-H) mobile television trial in Sydney. Using channel 29, this trial will be for a 'one-off' three month period commencing early April.
News categories: ACMA, Irdeto, Australia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mobile
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019