Digital TV News: Frost & Sullivan
Samsung launches data monetization solution for IoT
Jul 31, 2017 – Samsung has announced Samsung ARTIK Cloud Monetization for the Internet of Things (IoT), a service that allows device manufacturers and service providers to create service plans that generate revenue directly from the interactions of devices and services.
News categories: Samsung, James Stansberry, Pete Horton, Stefan Grosjean, Dilip Sarangan, Smart Home, Worldwide
GTPL Hathway boosts channel count and OTT services with Harmonic
Jul 19, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that GTPL, India's leading digital cable TV distribution company has deployed a next-generation software-based unified video headend system from Harmonic.
News categories: Harmonic, Hathway, Tony Berthaud, Aniruddhsinh Jadeja, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
OTT to transform TV viewing in the MENA region
May 3, 2017 – The boom in smartphone and internet penetration is transforming traditional TV viewership patterns in the MENA region as well as is attracting significant investment, according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S Nath, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
Huge investment supports accelerated VR innovation
Mar 7, 2017 – Frost & Sullivan expects that the global VR hardware and software market will grow from $1.37 billion in 2015 to $33.90 billion by 2022, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 57.8 percent between 2016 and 2022.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Mohammed Jawad, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
Feb 23, 2017 – Growing preference for OTT content is catalyzing demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs. The market is now ready to match consumer expectations by offering seamless accessibility to on-demand content through a new generation of devices.
News categories: Frost and Sullivan, Avni Rambhia, V Aravindh, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
More than 50 sign-up for Opera TV Certification Program
Dec 22, 2016 – Opera TV has announced that its Opera TV Certification Program now has more than 50 content service providers signed up. Participation in the program enables participants to develop and deploy the same HTML5 applications across Opera TV’s certified platforms and devices.
News categories: Opera, Frost & Sullivan, Daniel Nordberg, Avni Rambhia, Apps, CES, Digital TV, HTML5, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
SMIT to supply Irdeto CAM for Germany's freenet DTT
Jun 8, 2016 – SMIT (stock code: 2239) has announced that they have partnered with Irdeto to supply a CI Plus Module with Irdeto Cloaked CA to Germany's network operator MEDIA BROADCAST ahead of its new freenet TV DTT service launch.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, Brenda Bai, Steeve Huin, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
Verimatrix launches Operator Analytics Suite
Apr 15, 2016 – Verimatrix has formally launched its Verspective Operator Analytics solution, an extensible suite of subscriber intelligence tools that are designed to emphasize data security and integrity as a foundation for actionable intelligence.
News categories: Verimatrix, Petr Peterka, Advertising, NABShow, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware