Digital TV News: HD+
HD PLUS and NAGRA extend content protection partnership to Smart TVs
May 29, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and HD PLUS have renewed their technology partnership and extended it to include content protection on Smart TVs. NAGRA content protection supports the HD PLUS solution for Smart TVs not requiring an external device, such as a CAM or STB.
News categories: NAGRA, HD PLUS, Thierry Legrand, Georges Agnes, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Smart TV
Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
Mar 20, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has welcomed Panasonic's deployment of the HbbTV OpApp. The OpApp enables users to access the TV service of HD+ on any 2019 Panasonic OLED UHD smart TV sold in Germany, without the need for any additional hardware or smartcard.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Panasonic, HD+, Vincent Grivet, Kai Hillebrandt, Alexander Sacher, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, OTT, Smart TV
Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
Feb 14, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Afghanistan Broadcasting System (ABS) have signed a contract for video capacity on EUTELSAT 53A. ABS will use EUTELSAT 53A’s Ku-band resources over Central Asia to provide nationwide coverage for the launch of its DTH platform, Oqaab HD+.
News categories: Eutelsat, Afghanistan Broadcasting System, Michel Azibert, Andi Wilmers, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
SERAPHIC to launch commercial OpApp solution at IBC2018
Sep 4, 2018 – SERAPHIC has announced that its Sraf OpApp solution, which is now ready for commercial use, will be officially launched at IBC2018. The product is compliant with Operator Application specification ETSI TS 103 606 V1.1.1 (2018-05).
News categories: SERAPHIC, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
TVkey adds more retail bundling, deployments and chipset partners
Sep 15, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the launch of customers in India, expansion into the Latin America market, in-box bundling in the German market, and the addition of additional chipset partners for their TVkey dongle.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
iWedia’s Linux-based STB software deployed by SmarDTV for HD+
Mar 29, 2017 – iWedia has announced that it is deploying its Linux-based Teatro-3.0 solution for IP-connected STB on the German HD+ retail market in a 4K Set-Top Box (STB) designed and manufactured by SmarDTV.
News categories: iWedia, SmarDTV, HD PLUS, Sunghoon Kim, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
TVkey launches at HD+ in Germany
Mar 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the world’s first commercial deployment of TVkey at German satellite operator HD+. TVkey provides TV-platforms and pay-TV operators with a low-cost route to market for their services.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD PLUS, Pierre Roy, Hyogun Lee, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kudelski releases 2016 results
Feb 16, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2016 annual results. In iDTV, the most significant players in the industry have extended their partnerships with the Group, using some of the most innovative solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Number of HD+ subscribers in Germany passes two million mark
Feb 13, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that HD+ exceeded the two million subscriber mark in 2016. As of 31 December 2016, the satellite TV offer counted some 2,111,862 subscribers, 15 percent more than in 2015.
News categories: HD PLUS, SES S.A, Wilfried Urner, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Subscribers
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019