Digital TV News: Intel
Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
Oct 29, 2020 – Conviva has released its Q3 2020 State of Streaming report, showing a 57% YoY increase in overall viewing time. The report also uncovered new trends including the return of advertisers and the increasing battle between smart TV and CTV devices.
News categories: Conviva, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
Oct 28, 2020 – Having been fairly resilient against the COVID-19 crisis in 2020, the pay TV market in the Philippines will see its revenue increase from $451.1m in 2020 to $550.0m in 2025, mainly driven by DTH and IPTV segments, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Philippines, Satellite
Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
Oct 27, 2020 – Jump and Float Left have announce a personalization tool for Flicast – Float Left’s flagship end-to-end OTT solution. The tool tracks and analyzes content consumption patterns and content similarities to generate video recommendations.
News categories: Jump Data, Float Left, Jerónimo Macanás, Tom Schaeffer, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
Oct 22, 2020 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Foxtel has chosen TiVo to provide natural language, voice-based search for its subscribers in Australia. The solution usess machine-learning to refine the experience.
News categories: TiVo, Foxtel, Michael Hawkey, Nick Dandy, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
MediaTek MT9602 Smart TV SoC launches with Flipkart in India
Oct 8, 2020 – MediaTek has unveiled a Smart TV SoC MT9602 for 4K HDR displays. The SoC delivers real-time video optimization, with improved picture and audio quality using AI, HDMI 2.1a and global HDR support, and AV1 & AVS2 decoding.
News categories: Mediatek, Flipkart, Mike Chang, Dev Iyer, Digital TV, ICs, India, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Comscore launches streaming behavior segments through Tru Optik
Oct 6, 2020 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) and Tru Optik have announced the launch of behavior segments based on consumer streaming viewership habits. The segments are accessible through Tru Optik's Data Marketplace.
News categories: Comscore, Tru Optik, Rachel Gantz, Michelle Swanston, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
DISH selects Quantum Metric to provide customer analytics
Oct 1, 2020 – Quantum Metric is to help DISH build product experiences driven by customer behaviors, intelligence, and input. Quantum Metric will integrate with DISH technologies enabling DISH to make decisions based on direct consumer data.
News categories: Quantum Metric, DISH, Mario Ciabarra, Robert Sadler, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
TransUnion to acquire Tru Optik
Oct 1, 2020 – TransUnion has agreed to acquire Tru Optik. Tru Optik will provide TransUnion’s expanded customer base with the reach, accuracy and transparency missing in current identity and audience development products.
News categories: TransUnion, Tru Optik, Matt Spiegel, Andre Swanston, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA
Body dedicated to AI-based data compression standards established
Sep 30, 2020 – Moving Picture, Audio and Data Coding by Artificial Intelligence (MPAI) has been established to represent those developing data coding standards with Artificial Intelligence (AI) as the core enabling technology.
News categories: Moving Picture, Audio and Data Coding by Artificial Intelligence, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service