Digital TV News: LG Electronics
DISH Network unveils Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR enhancements
Jan 6, 2014 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has unveiled a slate of enhancements to its Hopper™ Whole-Home HD DVR platform that extend the reach of the Hopper experience into the home and improve the overall user experience.
News categories: DISH Network, Broadcom, Joseph P. Clayton, Vivek Khemka, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
LG unveils webOS Smart TV platform
Jan 6, 2014 – LG Electronics has unveiled its newest Smart TV platform at CES in Las Vegas. webOS, which was purchased from Hewlett-Packard in March last year, has been reinvented and reintroduced as LG's new Smart TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, In-kyu Lee, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
DISH app delivers Hopper experience on LG Smart TVs
Jan 6, 2014 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced that it has developed a 'Virtual Joey' software application that delivers the DISH Hopper® HD-DVR experience on 2013 and 2014 LG Smart TVs.
News categories: DISH Network, LG Electronics, Joseph P. Clayton, Sam Chang, App, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Smart TV, USA
ALi partners with LG and Shenzhen Jiuzhou on ATSC STB for Mexico
Dec 19, 2013 – ALi has announced that it has joined forces with LG Electronics and Shenzhen Jiuzhou to begin mass production of an ATSC set-top box. The collaborated solution will feature ALi’s STB SoC, M3812, with LG's ATSC demod and tuner.
News categories: ALi Corp, LG Electronics, Shenzhen Jiuzhou, Tony Chang, David Xia, ATSC, Digital TV, Mexico, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
Dec 4, 2013 – LG Electronics will be the first company to incorporate the AllJoyn open source software framework into its Smart TV platform, giving users a new level of interoperability between devices.
News categories: LG Electronics, Qualcomm, Richard Choi, Digital TV, Middleware, Multiscreen, Smart TV
Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
Dec 2, 2013 – According to a report from MarketsandMarkets, the total smart TV market is expected to reach $265 billion by 2016, at a CAGR of 17% and unit shipments are expected to reach 153.2 million from 64 million in 2011, at an estimated CAGR of 19%.
News categories: MarketsandMarkets, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
LG unveils world's largest Ultra HD OLED TV at IFA
Sep 6, 2013 – LG Electronics has unveiled the world's largest Ultra High Definition (or ULTRA HD) OLED TV at IFA. LG's 77-inch ULTRA HD CURVED OLED TV follows in the footsteps of the company's 55-inch CURVED OLED TV, which was introduced at CES in Las Vegas.
News categories: LG Electronics, IFA, Smart TV
LCD TV growth strong in China; demand in developed regions declines
Sep 3, 2013 – According to NPD DisplaySearch, Q2'13 overall worldwide TV shipments were down 3% Y/Y, though LCD TV shipments managed to grow 4% Y/Y. The overall trend in total shipments, while still negative, is showing some improvement from last year.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, LCD TV, LED, Market Research, Plasma, Smart TV
LG selects Gracenote to power Smart TV interface in Europe
Aug 28, 2013 – LG has selected Gracenote® to power the On Now service in its latest CINEMA 3D Smart TV lineup in Europe. Gracenote eyeQ™ will provide TV schedules and listings, movie and TV show descriptive metadata, as well as Cover Art and images.
News categories: Gracenote, LG Electronics, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
- AirTies and Norigin Media to launch STB with OTT apps and casting
- Afghanistan officially launches digital TV broadcasting
- Ericsson and Polkomtel test LTE Broadcast in Poland
- MStar Semi first to integrate Irdeto FlexiCore Processor technology
- MStar Semi to integrate Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall Security Core
- Envivio powers Beijing Gehua CATV cloud video service
- Energy efficient set-top boxes saving hundreds of millions of dollars
- More 4K UHD TVs shipped in Q2 2014 than in all 2013
- Spark New Zealand selects OTT platform provider, Xstream
- Videotron releases illico X8 set-top box
- Chunghwa Telecom to conduct 4K HEVC streaming trial with Broadpeak
- Fifth of Europe's TV homes to subscribe to online packages by 2020
- Canada's Rogers and Shaw launch 'shomi' subscription VOD service
- Ecuavisa launches HD DTT with ATEME
- Fujitsu presents HEVC HD decoder SoC
- Estonia's Starman launches TV Everywhere service
- S3 Group unveils StormTest Warning Center
- Albis introduces SceneGate 8073 IPTV/OTT set-top box at IBC
- SmartVOD launches first VOD Hollywood premium service in Africa
- NEOTION and Sat-Trakt launch Cardless CAM in Serbia