Digital TV News: LG Electronics
FUTURECAST broadcast system for ATSC 3.0 on show at NAB2014
Apr 2, 2014 – FUTURECAST was co-developed by LG Electronics, its U.S. R&D subsidiary Zenith, and GatesAir as the foundation of next-generation terrestrial broadcasting in the United States and around the world.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, ATSC, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Terrestrial, The NAB Show, USA
Samsung, Vizio control U.S. Smart TV market
Mar 10, 2014 – The majority of Smart TV shipments in the United States were fulfilled by Samsung and Vizio Flat Panel TVs (FPTV) in Q4 2013, according to the latest Strategy Analytics research.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Samsung reasserts Smart TV dominance in Q4 2013
Feb 17, 2014 – Samsung retained its leadership position in the global Smart TV market amid the competitive holiday season of Q4 2013 with a 26.4 percent share as TV vendors rapidly deploy Smart TV capabilities, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
DISH Network unveils Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR enhancements
Jan 6, 2014 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has unveiled a slate of enhancements to its Hopper™ Whole-Home HD DVR platform that extend the reach of the Hopper experience into the home and improve the overall user experience.
News categories: DISH Network, Broadcom, Joseph P. Clayton, Vivek Khemka, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
LG unveils webOS Smart TV platform
Jan 6, 2014 – LG Electronics has unveiled its newest Smart TV platform at CES in Las Vegas. webOS, which was purchased from Hewlett-Packard in March last year, has been reinvented and reintroduced as LG's new Smart TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, In-kyu Lee, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
DISH app delivers Hopper experience on LG Smart TVs
Jan 6, 2014 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced that it has developed a 'Virtual Joey' software application that delivers the DISH Hopper® HD-DVR experience on 2013 and 2014 LG Smart TVs.
News categories: DISH Network, LG Electronics, Joseph P. Clayton, Sam Chang, Apps, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Smart TV, USA
ALi partners with LG and Shenzhen Jiuzhou on ATSC STB for Mexico
Dec 19, 2013 – ALi has announced that it has joined forces with LG Electronics and Shenzhen Jiuzhou to begin mass production of an ATSC set-top box. The collaborated solution will feature ALi’s STB SoC, M3812, with LG's ATSC demod and tuner.
News categories: ALi Corp, LG Electronics, Shenzhen Jiuzhou, Tony Chang, David Xia, ATSC, Digital TV, Mexico, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
Dec 4, 2013 – LG Electronics will be the first company to incorporate the AllJoyn open source software framework into its Smart TV platform, giving users a new level of interoperability between devices.
News categories: LG Electronics, Qualcomm, Richard Choi, Digital TV, Middleware, Multiscreen, Smart TV
Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
Dec 2, 2013 – According to a report from MarketsandMarkets, the total smart TV market is expected to reach $265 billion by 2016, at a CAGR of 17% and unit shipments are expected to reach 153.2 million from 64 million in 2011, at an estimated CAGR of 19%.
News categories: MarketsandMarkets, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
- Novabase to supply STBs to Russia's Akado Telecom
- Dodo TV with Fetch launches in Australia
- Unotel iON TV pay TV launches in Brazil
- HbbTV Association to issue RFP for HbbTV 2.0 test material
- Home Telecom to launch Hybrid TV with Entone
- LG U+ unveils Ultra HD IPTV service
- Exset launches QR Code TV app for return path purchase in unconnected homes
- 40% of broadband households in Germany and Spain own a smart TV
- MPEG LA offers HEVC patent portfolio license
- Singapore launches Digital TV Assistance Scheme
- Amino 'Live' platform for Interstate Telecommunications Cooperative
- JAINHITS selects set-tops from ARRIS for India cable distribution
- Netflix viewing on digital media players surges in U.S.
- Nova Greece exceeds 500,000 pay TV subscribers
- Netflix streaming volume up 350% in 10 quarters
- Strong growth in tablet video viewing in the U.S.
- SKY Perfect JSAT to offer two 4K channels from March 1, 2015
- Bulgaria's Mtel launches satellite TV
- Romania to auction two national DTT multiplexes
- Midcontinent to use aioTV PassBox to add OTT content