Digital TV News: LG Electronics
LG to unveil webOS 2.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2015
Dec 18, 2014 – LG Electronics (LG) will unveil a TV lineup featuring its new 'webOS 2.0' Smart TV platform at CES. LG is working with leading content providers to ensure that LG 4K ULTRA HD TV owners have access to a wide range of 4K viewing options.
News categories: LG Electronics, In-kyu Lee, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Deluxe expands 4K UHD capabilities of Deluxe OnDemand™
Dec 15, 2014 – Deluxe has announced enhancements to its cloud-based content supply and VOD management solution. The features enable service providers to launch 4K Ultra HD services without additional infrastructure investment or workflow costs.
News categories: Deluxe Digital Distribution, Todd Collart, Infrastructure, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
1.9 connected TV devices per broadband household in USA
Dec 10, 2014 – Ownership of Connected TV Devices (including smart TVs, smart blu-ray players, IP-enabled game consoles and digital media streamers) in the U.S. grew 5 percent quarter-on-quarter in Q3 2014 and 28 percent year-on-year to reach 168 million units.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
4K/Ultra HD leads TV growth in the U.S.
Nov 6, 2014 – The 4K/UHD format is the driver of growth within the flat panel television category, with U.S. sales reaching $668 million so far this year, now accounting for more than 7 percent of overall revenue according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, Stephen Baker, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
FUTURECAST ATSC 3.0 physical layer tested in Wisconsin
Oct 22, 2014 – Quincy Group's WKOW-TV is conducting a second round of broadcast field testing of the 'FUTURECAST™ Universal Terrestrial Broadcasting System.' FUTURECAST is a contributor to the'physical layer' at the heart of the ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, Quincy Group, Gates Air, Dr. Skott Ahn, Brady Dreasler, Rich Redmond, ATSC, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Terrestrial, USA
DVB-T2 pilot project launched in Berlin
Oct 6, 2014 – MEDIA BROADCAST has launched a pilot project in Berlin to test the new DVB-T2 standard. All leading TV broadcasters, relevant industry associations and many companies in the CE industry are involved as project partners.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Ulf Heggenberger, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Hillcrest Labs brings motion, gesture and cursor control to Skyworth smart TVs
Oct 6, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Skyworth will use Hillcrest's motion software in a line of Smart TVs. Hillcrest's software will enable motion, gesture and cursor control of content and apps on Skyworth's Android-based TVs.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Skyworth, Chad Lucien, Meng Wang, Apps, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Global connected TV device installed base hits half a billion units in Q2 2014
Oct 2, 2014 – Worldwide ownership of Connected TV Devices (including smart TVs, smart blu-ray players, IP-enabled game consoles and digital media streamers) grew 7 percent quarter-on-quarter in Q2 2014 to reach 500 million units according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG U+ unveils Ultra HD IPTV service
Sep 30, 2014 – LG U+ has announced the launch of an Ultra HD IPTV service via its new U+ tvG 4K UHD set-top box. The box is the first to be based on a quad core processor and the first to be able to display 4 channels simultaneously on the TV screen.
News categories: LG Uplus, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box
- Booxmedia signs multiscreen OTT deal with DELTA of the Netherlands
- MStar integrates Verimatrix VideoMark forensic watermarking for UHD
- LG adds DIRECTV as content partner for webOS TVs
- Ziggo leads drop in Dutch TV subscriptions in Q2 2015
- CEA defines 'HDR Compatible' displays
- Opera TV debuts HbbTV 2.0 SDK for TV and STB manufacturers
- Com Hem unifies delivery of linear and multiscreen TV with Elemental
- ALi introduces STB/Sound Bar combo
- Half of U.S. internet homes own a connected TV device
- SCSA releases VIDITY licensing specifications
- Technicolor and Fraunhofer announce MPEG-H Audio licensing program
- 1,400 satellites to launch over the next decade
- DTH driving HDTV boom in South Asia
- 24.8 million connected TV sets in the top 5 Latin American countries
- HGI sets requirements for home network devices
- EU seeks views on the Satellite and Cable Directive
- SoftBank and Netflix Japan announce partnership
- SIXTY announces lightweight STB user interface framework
- Ziggo's triple-play market share in Holland under pressure
- Portugal adds 36,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2015