Digital TV News: LG Electronics
LG unveils world's largest Ultra HD OLED TV at IFA
Sep 6, 2013 – LG Electronics has unveiled the world's largest Ultra High Definition (or ULTRA HD) OLED TV at IFA. LG's 77-inch ULTRA HD CURVED OLED TV follows in the footsteps of the company's 55-inch CURVED OLED TV, which was introduced at CES in Las Vegas.
News categories: LG Electronics, IFA, Smart TV
LCD TV growth strong in China; demand in developed regions declines
Sep 3, 2013 – According to NPD DisplaySearch, Q2'13 overall worldwide TV shipments were down 3% Y/Y, though LCD TV shipments managed to grow 4% Y/Y. The overall trend in total shipments, while still negative, is showing some improvement from last year.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, LCD TV, LED, Market Research, Plasma, Smart TV
LG selects Gracenote to power Smart TV interface in Europe
Aug 28, 2013 – LG has selected Gracenote® to power the On Now service in its latest CINEMA 3D Smart TV lineup in Europe. Gracenote eyeQ™ will provide TV schedules and listings, movie and TV show descriptive metadata, as well as Cover Art and images.
News categories: Gracenote, LG Electronics, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
LG Electronics selects Cognitive Networks to enable enhanced TV capabilities on Smart TVs
Aug 28, 2013 – Cognitive Networks, a provider of real-time data services that power Enhanced TV on Smart TVs, has announced that LG Electronics will be the first to integrate Cognitive Networks' real-time data service on its Smart TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Cognitive Networks, Apps, Middleware, Smart TV
Entone integrates with LG 'Netcast' platform
Jul 24, 2013 – Entone has announced the integration of LG Electronics' Netcast media streaming platform with Entone's hybrid media gateway. The combined solution is designed to deliver linear TV and OTT services to connected CE devices without the need for a traditional set-top box.
News categories: Entone, LG Electronics, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box
LG unveils smart set-top boxes at Cable Show 2013
Jun 10, 2013 – At the 2013 Cable Show, LG Electronics has unveiled a range of energy efficient smart set-top boxes designed to help cable operators capitalize on the Smart TV explosion, accelerate the transition to IPTV and deliver the combination of live, linear and OTT TV that consumers demand.
News categories: LG Electronics, Cable TV, Cable2014, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Hillcrest Labs secures RDK license from Comcast
May 29, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that it is the first motion control technology provider to license the Reference Design Kit (RDK) software stack from Comcast. The RDK is a pre-integrated software bundle that creates a common framework for powering tru2way® devices.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Comcast, Cable TV, Cable2014, Middleware, OCAP, Set Top Box, USA
Global LCD TV Shipments Fall for the First Time in 2012
Mar 21, 2013 – Annual global LCD TV shipments declined for the first time ever in 2012, down 1% to 203 million, according to the latest findings from DisplaySearch. Q4 was the only quarter to see any growth, rising 0.6%, but it was not enough to offset declines from the first three quarters.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, LCD TV, Market Research, Smart TV
4Kx2K LCD TV Panel Shipments Expected to Reach 2.6M in 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Large Area TFT Panel Shipment Report, TFT LCD panel suppliers are forecast to ship 2.6 million 4Kx2K LCD TV panels (also known as Ultra HD) worldwide in 2013, up more than 40-fold from 63 thousand in 2012.
News categories: DisplaySearch, David Hsieh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
- Akamai tops ABI Research multiscreen video service providers competitive assessment
- Liberty Puerto Rico offers ActiveVideo Cloud UI
- Tigo Bolivia satellite DTH launches
- Single Touch and PMC form video patent exploitation JV
- Harmonic and Elemental tie for lead in multiscreen encoder market
- Mexico's Megacable deploys Unified Headend from Harmonic
- Infosys to deliver TV apps for Orange Livebox Play
- Swisscom Android IPTV set-top operated by iWedia software
- U-verse TV adds 201,000 subscribers in 1Q 2014
- Fan TV coming to Time Warner Cable subscribers
- VESA and MIPI announce Display Stream Compression standard
- VIVA+ DTH launches in Indonesia
- TEO LT adds 1,369 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2014
- The Chernin Group and AT&T create OTT joint venture
- Comcast adds 24,000 billable video customers in 1Q 2014
- ViXS demonstrates RDK client on UltraHD 4K platform
- Hillcrest gesture control selected by Lenovo
- Netflix adds 4 million members in 1Q 2014
- Entropic announces Digital Channel Stacking Switch (dCSS) ICs
- ViXS launches UHD HEVC 4K Golden Reference Decoder Tool