Digital TV News: Marvell
Technicolor makes HDR single-stream HEVC reference code available
Jun 24, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the availability of its High Dynamic Range (HDR) single-layer solution, for testing. The solution enables HDR coding and delivery in a single stream for viewing regardless of display type.
News categories: Technicolor, Thomson Video Networks, Mark Turner, Stéphane Cloirec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Set-top Box market consolidation to continue
Jun 19, 2015 – ARRIS’ acquisition of Pace created the largest set-top manufacturer. Broadcom was also acquired by Avago, an acquisition not directly impactful to the set-top market, but a sign of the significant consolidation that will continue to impact the market, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, MnA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SoftAtHome software to be integrated with Marvell’s ARMADA 1500 SoC
Apr 29, 2015 – SoftAtHome and Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) have announced their collaboration for integrating SoftAtHome’s SOP7 software with Marvell’s ARMADA® 1500 Ultra SoC Android and Linux SDKs.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Marvell, Michel Degland, Philip Poulidis, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Marvell partners with Celeno on wireless video
Apr 28, 2015 – Celeno Communications and Marvell have announced a partnership that will see Marvell’s STB processors combined with Celeno’s 802.11ac Access Point ICs to power home wireless capable of handling 4K or HD video streaming.
News categories: Celeno Communications, Marvell, Gilad Rozen, Philip Poulidis, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Marvell announces SoC platform for 4K entertainment and gaming
Apr 27, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced its ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) SoC, designed to enable Pay TV operators and STB manufacturers to deliver small form factor devices with 4K entertainment and gaming to their subscribers.
News categories: Marvell, Verimatrix, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Skyworth and China Telecom launch smart TV with embedded G.hn powerline connectivity
Jan 6, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) has announced that Skyworth and China Telecom have launched the world's first Smart TV with embedded G.hn powerline connectivity powered by Marvell's G.hn platform solution.
News categories: Marvell, Skyworth, China Telecom, Weili Dai, Liu Tangzhi, Liu Ping, CES2020, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Bouygues Telecom Android TV STB powered by Marvell ARMADA 1500 PRO
Sep 15, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced that Bouygues Telecom is launching the industry's first quad-core Android Pay TV set-top box powered by the Marvell® ARMADA 1500 PRO (88DE3114) system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: Marvell, Bouygues Telecom, Weili Dai, Pierre Schaller, Android TV, Digital TV, France, IBC2020, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Verimatrix extends collaboration with Bouygues Telecom
Sep 14, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that it has extended its relationship with Bouygues Telecom. Bouygues Telecom has now added the Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Broadcast-Hybrid to its security arsenal.
News categories: Verimatrix, Bouygues Telecom, Steve Oetegenn, Pierre Schaller, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, IBC2020, IPTV
Swisscom selects Verimatrix security for TV 2.0 multiscreen offering
Sep 12, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that Swisscom has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) to provide revenue security for its Swisscom TV 2.0 service, which offers live and seven-day replay services via an Android-powered set-top box.
News categories: Verimatrix, Swisscom, Volker Dietzel, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020