Digital TV News: Uplus
Korea adds 534,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2018
May 9, 2019 – Korea's Ministry of Science and ICT has announced pay TV subscriber numbers for the country for the second half of 2018. At the end of 2018 there were 32.5 million pay TV subscribers in Korea, with IPTV having the largest share having overtaken cable TV in late 2017.
News categories: Ministry of Science and ICT, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Subscribers
LG Uplus adds 130,000 IPTV subscribers in 1Q 2019
May 2, 2019 – South Korean carrier LG Uplus (KRX: 032640) has announced results for Q1 2019. The company finished the quarter with 4.149 million IPTV subscribers, up 130 thousand over the period, and up 477 thousand (13%) versus Q1 2018.
News categories: LG Uplus, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
LG Uplus adds 331,000 IPTV subscribers in 2015
Jan 25, 2016 – According to earnings data from LG Uplus (KRX: 032640), the company had 2.28 million IPTV subscribers at the end of 2015, up from 1.949 million at the end of 2014 - a gain of 81,258 in the fourth quarter and 330,768 over the year
News categories: LG Uplus, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
Sigma Designs reports Fiscal Year 2015 results
Apr 1, 2015 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2015, which ended January 31, 2015. Net revenue in fiscal 2015 was $188.3 million, a decrease of $10.9 million, or 5.5%, from $199.2 million in the previous year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Conexant brings voice control to LG Uplus STBs
Nov 4, 2014 – Conexant Systems has announced that its far-field voice input processor system-on-chip has been adopted by LG Uplus for its new line of set-top boxes. The CX2092x gives users the ability to use their voices to control their STB from across the living room.
News categories: Conexant, LG Uplus, Saleel Awsare, Geon-Yeong Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
LG U+ unveils Ultra HD IPTV service
Sep 30, 2014 – LG U+ has announced the launch of an Ultra HD IPTV service via its new U+ tvG 4K UHD set-top box. The box is the first to be based on a quad core processor and the first to be able to display 4 channels simultaneously on the TV screen.
News categories: LG Uplus, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box
IPTV subscribers hit 10 million in Korea
Aug 19, 2014 – According to the Korea Digital Media Industry Association there are now more than 10 million IPTV subscribers in South Korea. Commercial IPTV services were launched at the beginning of 2009, reaching 9 million subscribers at the end of March 2014.
News categories: Korea Digital Media Industry Association, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
VisualOn HEVC decoder for LG Uplus mobile streaming service
Apr 28, 2014 – VisualOn, has announced that LG Uplus' new mobile streaming service for Android, U+HDTV, will feature VisualOn's HEVC (or H.265) decoder, to deliver the latest standard in high-quality video for consumers in the Korean market.
News categories: VisualOn, LG Uplus, Andy Lin, Joon Dong Park, Apps, Digital TV, Korea, Media Player, Mobile
LG Uplus ends 2013 with 1.55 million IPTV subscribers
Jan 13, 2014 – According to the December 2013 Factsheet published by LG Uplus (KRX: 032640), the company had 1.549 million IPTV subscribers at the end of 2013, up from 1.054 million at the end of 2012.
News categories: LG Uplus, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry