Digital TV News: VIDAA
Vidaa partners with OTTera to integrate long tail OTT services
Mar 11, 2020 – Hisense and their subsidiary Vidaa have chosen OTTera for onboarding onto the Hisense VIDAA platform. Vidaa will work with OTTera to integrate long tail providers and utilize OTTera's built-in advertising solution.
News categories: OTTera, Vidaa, Stephen L. Hodge, Guy Edri, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Hisense selects Aria Systems' revenue platform for VIDAA Smart TVs
Mar 10, 2020 – Aria Systems has announced that VIDAA International, a subsidiary of Hisense, has selected the company’s cloud billing and monetization platform to support its streaming content platform available on a majority of Hisense, Toshiba and private-label TV models in over 30 countries.
News categories: Aria Systems, VIDAA, Tom Dibble, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
Hisense revamps its VIDAA Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2020 – Hisense has launched a completely revamped version of its VIDAA Smart TV platform. The updated platform, with a new UI and integration of content providers, puts the user and their habits at the center of the TV experience.
News categories: Hisense, Dr. Lan Lin, Apps, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Tubi AVOD app to be available on Hisense's Vidaa platform from Spring 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Tubi has announced that it has entered into a deal with Hisense to offer its library of over 20,000 movies and TV shows on the Hisense Vidaa platform. Beginning Spring 2020, new Hisense TVs powered by Vidaa will have Tubi preloaded.
News categories: Tubi, Hisense, Michael Ahiakpor, Apps, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Hisense now world's 4th largest shipper of TVs
Jun 11, 2014 – The number of TV sets shipped globally in Q1 reached 49.7 million, according to DisplaySearch. There was a jump in the number of units shipped by Hisense, bringing the manufacturer's total up to 5.3% of overall units shipped.
News categories: Hisense, DisplaySearch, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense releases Smart TV 2.0
Apr 21, 2014 – Hisense has announced the released of VIDAA2, its latest smart television set. The two main features of the redefined VIDAA2 include new convergence (Juhaokan) and social (Juxiangjia) functionalities.
News categories: Hisense, Zhou Houjian, China, Smart TV
Hisense Launches the World's Fastest Smart TV
Apr 18, 2013 – With the introduction of VIDAA, a stunningly simple, elegant, yet immensely powerful User Interface (UI) for Smart TV, Hisense is providing easy, intuitive operation of advanced Smart TV features and functionality.
News categories: Hisense, Jamdeo, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025