Digital TV News: Wurl
Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
Jan 16, 2019 – Wurl has launched AdSpring for Connected TVs. The cloud-based, turnkey server-side ad insertion (SSAI) solution allows video producers to insert mid-roll ads into linear and VOD programming for distribution to any video service or device.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Michael Goodman, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Wurl powers video programming on Samsung's TV Plus
Nov 5, 2018 – Wurl has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Samsung to power select programming on Samsung’s new TV Plus service. TV Plus is an Internet-based TV service delivering a bundle of live channels and on-demand content from multiple media brands.
News categories: Wurl, Samsung, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Wurl partners with Zixi to move cable TV channels to the internet
Apr 23, 2017 – The Wurl TV Network and Zixi have announced a partnership to use Zixi’s streaming platform to distribute Wurl’s TV programming to cable and OTT video services.
News categories: Wurl TV, Zixi, Sean Doherty, Chris Noe, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Wurl TV added to Espial video platform
Apr 6, 2017 – Wurl TV is now available to video service providers who use Espial's Elevate platform. Their subscribers can now access Wurl's internet-delivered TV channels on Espial-powered set-tops, smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Espial, Wurl TV, Jaison Dolvane, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Wurl TV launches on TiVo
Mar 14, 2017 – Wurl TV has announced that Wurl’s Internet-delivered programming is now available on TiVo’s cable TV and retail set-top boxes. For cable operators, Wurl provides a programming alternative to traditional cable networks.
News categories: Wurl TV, TiVo, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Wurl announces cable STB software partnerships
Sep 8, 2016 – Wurl has announced a series of partnerships with key providers of cable set-top software that will showcase Wurl TV Network broadband channels at this week's International Broadcasting Convention (IBC).
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Wurl launches the world’s first streaming cable TV network
Jul 25, 2016 – Wurl has announced the launch of the Wurl Network, the world’s first streaming cable TV network. The Wurl Network provides five channels broadband-delivered through cable TV operators’ connected set-top boxes.
News categories: Wurl, Fidelity Communications, Sean Doherty, Loren King, Cable TV, USA
Wurl releases U.S. video viewing index
Sep 25, 2015 – Wurl has announced a video index that compares the usage of major video viewing services based on publicly available data. The index, referred to as 'AMOV', measures the average minutes of viewing by U.S. adults on each video platform, taking into account both usage and reach.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
ARRIS and Wurl introduce OTT content portal for cable operators
Jul 21, 2014 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) and Wurl have announced the launch of ARRIS Market -- a platform for cable operators combining over-the-top (OTT) content with traditional programming services on ARRIS set-tops.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Wurl, Inc, Sean Doherty, Debbie Stackis, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event