Digital TV News: Axiata
Dialog Axiata introduces Cloud TV service powered by Kaltura
Sep 3, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that Dialog Axiata has selected Kaltura to power ViU, its cross-screen Cloud TV service. ViU is now available to the operator’s existing subscribers as well as every mobile user in Sri Lanka, regardless of the network.
News categories: Kaltura, Dialog Axiata, Ron Yekutiel, Dr. Rainer Deutschmann, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
1.2 million pay TV subscribers at Dialog Axiata
May 14, 2019 – Dialog Axiata has announced results for the three months ended 31st March 2019. Dialog Television (“DTV”), continued to consolidate its leadership position in the Digital Pay Television space with a subscriber growth of 16% YoY to reach 1.2 million.
News categories: Dialog, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Sri Lanka, Subscribers
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MnA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
Robi and Bongo to launch video streaming in Bangladesh
Apr 2, 2019 – Robi Axiata and Stellar Digital, popularly known as Bongo, have announced that they plan to offer an on-demand video streaming service to Robi and Airtel subscribers. The commercial free service includes live TV as well as video on demand content.
News categories: Robi Axiata, Stellar Digital, Mahtab Uddin Ahmed, Ahad Mohammad Bha, Bangladesh, Digital TV, OTT
Dialog Axiata adds Eros Now to its ViU OTT app in Sri Lanka
Jun 28, 2018 – Dialog Axiata has announced a partnership with Eros International to launch its premier Video Over The Top (OTT) platform, Eros Now. The deal allows users in Sri Lanka to browse through over 20,000 hours of original Indian content in over 10 languages.
News categories: Eros International, Dialog Axiata, Rishika Lulla Singh, Mangala Hettiarachchi, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Sri Lanka
SPORTSFIX goes live with Celcom in Malaysia
Aug 1, 2017 – SPORTSFIX, a regional OTT live streaming sports platform, has launched its service in Malaysia in partnership with Celcom. SPORTSFIX delivers the local, regional and international live, VOD and news sports content to mobile devices.
News categories: SPORTSFIX, Celcom, Marcus Luer, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Astro launches Tribe OTT video service in Indonesia
Mar 18, 2016 – Astro Malaysia has announced the launch of Tribe, a differentiated OTT video service for the region. Astro partnered with Axiata Digital Services for the first launch of the service, in Indonesia.
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Tribe, Axiata Digital Services, Dato' Rohana Rozhan, Iskandar Samad, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV