Digital TV News: Bill Hsiung
Tata Elxsi RDK application suite for MStar STB chipsets
Feb 7, 2017 – Tata Elxsi has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor to provide a comprehensive suite of software for MStar’s System-on-a-Chip (SoC) targeted at Set-Top Boxes (STB).
News categories: Tata Elxsi, MStar Semi, Sreekumar K P, Bill Hsiung, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, HTML5, Media Player, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar integrates Opera TV OTT solution for STBs
Jan 5, 2017 – Opera TV and MStar Semiconductor have announced the availability of a built-in OTT solution on MStar’s STB SoCs. Together, Opera TV and MStar are offering STB manufacturers and service providers a pre-integrated platform, providing cost savings and reduced time-to-market.
News categories: Opera, MStar Semi, Aneesh Rajaram, Bill Hsiung, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SoftAtHome SOP8 integrated with MStar hybrid STB chipsets
Jan 2, 2017 – SoftAtHome and MStar have announced their partnership. MStar’s latest Hybrid Set-Top Box chipset solution is integrated with SoftAtHome’s SOP8 software to enable operators to benefit from the latest advanced security solutions.
News categories: SoftAtHome, MStar Semi, Arnaud Bensaid, Bill Hsiung, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
UMC, MStar and SERAPHIC to launch Freeview Play-compliant smart TVs in UK
Aug 19, 2016 – UMC is working with MStar and SERAPHIC to roll out Freeview Play-compliant smart TVs in the UK in Q4, 2016. It is not the first time that the three parties have cooperated having together introduced Sharp and Blaupunkt smart TVs for Europe in 2014.
News categories: SERAPHIC, MStar Semi, UMC, Ye Wang, Bill Hsiung, Aslan Khabliev, Digital TV, HTML5, IFA2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
MStar offers world’s first DivX HEVC Ultra HD-certified digital TV chip
Sep 5, 2014 – DivX and MStar Semiconductor have announced that MStar HEVC TV SoC will be the first digital television chip to receive DivX HEVC Certification, enabling the playback of highly efficient DivX HEVC Ultra HD (4K) video.
News categories: DivX, MStar Semi, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Bill Hsiung, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
FOXXUM Smart TV Portal pre-integrated with MStar software platform
Mar 18, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor and FOXXUM have announced that they have partnered to offer a turnkey solution to their customers. The collaboration provides TV/STB manufacturers, operators and end brand customers a portfolio of Smart TV apps and features.
News categories: MStar Semi, FOXXUM, Ronny Lutzi, Bill Hsiung, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MStar and Connected-Labs collaborate on Web solutions for TV and STB
Mar 11, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that Connected-Labs, an MStar spin-off, will assist MStar's R&D team with HbbTV, HTML5, OIPF, W3C standards and Web browsers such as Webkit and Blink.
News categories: MStar Semi, Connected-Labs, Bill Hsiung, Joel Reboul, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MStar licenses DivX HEVC for SoC integration
Jan 7, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that MStar has licensed DivX HEVC technology for integration into its SoCs for set-top boxes and DTVs.
News categories: Rovi Corp, MStar Semi, Bill Hsiung, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, CES2020, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Rovi and MStar unveil DTV ICs certified for DivX Plus Streaming
Dec 23, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that MStar plans to release DTV chipsets certified for DivX Plus Streaming™. With DivX Plus Streaming, DTV OEMs can support a variety of service providers and a range of deployment models.
News categories: Rovi Corp, MStar Semi, Bill Hsiung, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019