Digital TV News: C2 Micro
Monsoon Multimedia Adds Placeshifting to C2 Micro and Zenverge ICs
Jan 10, 2012 – Monsoon Multimedia has announced that it is porting its TV Anywhere placeshifting software engines to additional semiconductor platforms developed by C2 Microsystems, Inc. and Zenverge, Inc.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, C2 Micro, Zenverge, Middleware, OTT, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Web-Enabled TV Sets in China to Ship in Excess of 15 Million Units by 2014
Nov 23, 2010 – China's web TV market kicked off in 2009, with over 2 million web TV set shipments and about 1/4 million web TV set top box (STB) shipments. In-Stat forecasts web-enabled TV shipments to exceed 15 million units by 2014.
News categories: In-Stat, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
H.264 Decoder IC Market to Grow 20% Annually Through 2013
Nov 11, 2010 – H.264 decoders are beginning to appear in many solutions and the compression scheme is becoming more popular. As a result In-Stat expects H.264 decoder ICs to grow at an annual rate in excess of 20% through 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MPEG Video SoC Market Riding Along with the Consumer Electronics Market
Aug 31, 2010 – Growth in shipments of various video products in the consumer electronics market, even in a year with economic uncertainty like 2009, helped the MPEG video SoC market reach over 650 million units in 2009, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MPEG IC Shipments on Track to Reach 2 Billion units
Feb 1, 2010 – As consumers access digital video on more devices, applications for MPEG digital video compression technology are expanding, particularly in portable devices, reports In-Stat. As a result, shipments of MPEG ICs will reach 2 billion units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
C2 Microsystems Announces CC1200 Full HD Media Processor device family
Nov 4, 2009 – Addressing emerging CE applications and the increasing demand for high-definition content, C2 Microsystems has introduced the CC1200 Full HD Media Processor family for broadband-connected set-top box and digital TV applications.
News categories: C2 Micro, CES, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Breakthrough in Media Freedom: Apple TV Functionality to Be Available on an OEM Basis
Sep 5, 2007 – C2 Microsystems and Orb Networks have announced a new reference platform that delivers digital media from the internet or a consumer's PC, to the TV. The open design is expected to be licensed on an OEM basis by set top box, Cable, Satellite and Media providers and deliver consumer TV and media options far beyond those offered by Apple TV or Sling Media.
News categories: Orb Networks, C2 Micro, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Tablet
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ