Digital TV News: DNA
DNA Finland to close its terrestrial TV network
Oct 28, 2019 – DNA is to close its VHF frequency-based terrestrial network in 2020. The company will also relinguish its terrestrial network license. DNA will be focusing on cable and broadband distribution, continuing to offer TV services throughout Finland.
News categories: DNA, Pekka Väisänen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, Terrestrial
Hibox provides TV platform for DNA's next-generation TV service
Sep 10, 2019 – DNA's next-generation TV service will use the Hibox Aura platform as the base for all video applications. With ready-to-use integrations and mature APIs, the platform allows application developers to easily build and deploy video applications on multiple devices.
News categories: Hibox, DNA, Staffan Granholm, Pekka Jääskeläinen, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box
Synamedia launches new video network solutions at IBC
Sep 9, 2019 – At IBC, Synamedia will unveil additions to its video network portfolio and will show a real-world streaming use case with a latency from content ingest to display on the OTT device of just 6 seconds - equivalent to broadcast latency.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, Worldwide
Baita Conteúdo distributes HD channels via SES-6 in Brazil
Jul 25, 2019 – Thanks to a partnership with SES, Baita Conteúdo, which currently distributes its channels over the internet to cable TV operators in Brazil, will deliver the same channels via satellite and reach all cable and DTH operators served by SES-6.
News categories: SES S.A, Baita Conteúdo, Jurandir Pitsch, Pedro Bernardo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
Jul 17, 2019 – DNA has agreed to sell its terrestrial TV network pay-TV business to Digita. DNA will continue its operations in cable and broadband. The transfer will take place on 1 January 2020. The parties will not be disclosing the sale price.
News categories: DNA Oy, Digita Oy, Pekka Väisänen, Digital TV, Finland, MnA, Terrestrial
Microsoft previews Xbox in the cloud and Project Scarlett console
Jun 9, 2019 – At the Xbox E3 Briefing, Xbox demonstrated its commitment to console gaming with a preview of its next generation machine due to arrive in 2020. Attendees were also among the first in the world to play Xbox One games streaming on smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Xbox, Phil Spencer, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Xandr Community brings together advertisers, publishers, and consumers
May 14, 2019 – Xandr, AT&T's advertising and analytics company, has announced the formation of Community, a curated marketplace of publishers that enables advertisers to reach their audiences at scale in a brand-safe, privacy-protected, premium video environment.
News categories: Xandr, Brian Lesser, Donna Speciale, Henry Embleton, Mark Rotblat, Reed Barker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Telaria and Hulu reveal synergy between Connected TV and DTC brands
Apr 11, 2019 – Telaria (NYSE:TLRA), with Hulu, has published research demonstrating how Connected TV (CTV) is a key channel for Direct-to-Consumer brands (DTC) to increase reach and drive brand awareness among direct-to-consumer shoppers.
News categories: Telaria, Hulu, Jennifer Catto, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Telenor to acquire majority stake in Finnish telecom operator DNA
Apr 9, 2019 – Telenor has agreed to acquire 54% of the shares in the Finnish telecom operator DNA for €20.90 per share in cash, in total €1.5 billion. With the transaction, Telenor gets a strong position across fixed and mobile in an attractive and growing telecom market.
News categories: Telenor, DNA, Sigve Brekke, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, MnA
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware