Digital TV News: Dennis Flaharty
Inside Secure acquires SypherMedia
Nov 7, 2017 – Inside Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced that it has acquired SypherMedia for up to US$10 million, including a potential earn-out of up to US$3 million. SypherMedia is a key player in embedded security from product design to product life cycle management.
News categories: Inside Secure, SypherMedia, Amedeo D’Angelo, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, MnA, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
RSCRYPTO partners with SMI for key management
Dec 13, 2016 – RSCRYPTO has announced a partnership with SypherMedia International (SMI). RSCRYPTO plans to present its CAS-PHI CAS in the first quarter of 2017. As an 'Independent Trust Authority', SMI is to manage the keys for operators.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, SypherMedia International, Levent Le, Dr. Ron Cocchi, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
SMI certifies Montage Technology STB SoC
Jun 12, 2015 – Montage Technology and SypherMedia International (SMI) have announced that Montage has achieved SMI's security certification on its HD Decode SoC M88CC6100/6000. SMI has also validated Montage on Black Box Programming compliance tests for the M88CC6100/6000 certification and production.
News categories: Montage Technology, SypherMedia International, Stephen Tai, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cryptography Research's CryptoFirewall™ Technology Builds Momentum for Advanced Video Security at CES 2012
Jan 9, 2012 – Through a close partner collaboration, Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS), SypherMedia International (SMI), ViXS Systems and Verimatrix will be demonstrating a cardless security solution that protects video for digital TV systems.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SypherMedia International, ViXS Systems, Verimatrix, CES2020, Content Protection, Semiconductor
ViXS Announces Advanced Embedded Security Architecture
Sep 8, 2011 – ViXS Systems has announced that it is the first silicon vendor to implement the CryptoFirewall™ security core by Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and demonstrate it with the SypherMedia International (SMI) Kernel security code.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Cryptography Research, SypherMedia International, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS Systems to integrate SypherMedia Security Technology
Sep 14, 2009 – ViXS Systems has announced that it has added SMI's SypherMedia GateKeyper™ and Kernel™ technologies into the Xtensive™ applications developer software suite for its multimedia ICs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, SypherMedia International, Conditional Access, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region