Digital TV News: Dennis Flaharty
Inside Secure acquires SypherMedia
Nov 7, 2017 – Inside Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced that it has acquired SypherMedia for up to US$10 million, including a potential earn-out of up to US$3 million. SypherMedia is a key player in embedded security from product design to product life cycle management.
News categories: Inside Secure, SypherMedia, Amedeo D’Angelo, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, MnA, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
RSCRYPTO partners with SMI for key management
Dec 13, 2016 – RSCRYPTO has announced a partnership with SypherMedia International (SMI). RSCRYPTO plans to present its CAS-PHI CAS in the first quarter of 2017. As an 'Independent Trust Authority', SMI is to manage the keys for operators.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, SypherMedia International, Levent Le, Dr. Ron Cocchi, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
SMI certifies Montage Technology STB SoC
Jun 12, 2015 – Montage Technology and SypherMedia International (SMI) have announced that Montage has achieved SMI's security certification on its HD Decode SoC M88CC6100/6000. SMI has also validated Montage on Black Box Programming compliance tests for the M88CC6100/6000 certification and production.
News categories: Montage Technology, SypherMedia International, Stephen Tai, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cryptography Research's CryptoFirewall™ Technology Builds Momentum for Advanced Video Security at CES 2012
Jan 9, 2012 – Through a close partner collaboration, Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS), SypherMedia International (SMI), ViXS Systems and Verimatrix will be demonstrating a cardless security solution that protects video for digital TV systems.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SypherMedia International, ViXS Systems, Verimatrix, CES2021, Content Protection, Semiconductor
ViXS Announces Advanced Embedded Security Architecture
Sep 8, 2011 – ViXS Systems has announced that it is the first silicon vendor to implement the CryptoFirewall™ security core by Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and demonstrate it with the SypherMedia International (SMI) Kernel security code.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Cryptography Research, SypherMedia International, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS Systems to integrate SypherMedia Security Technology
Sep 14, 2009 – ViXS Systems has announced that it has added SMI's SypherMedia GateKeyper™ and Kernel™ technologies into the Xtensive™ applications developer software suite for its multimedia ICs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, SypherMedia International, Conditional Access, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5