Digital TV News: Dr. I.P. Park
Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
Jan 14, 2020 – Cerence (NASDAQ: CRNC) has announced the signing of an MOU with LG Electronics to develop a software solution that integrates LG’s webOS Auto In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) system with the Cerence AI Reference Kit (ARK).
News categories: Cerence, LG Electronics, Sanjay Dhawan, Dr. I.P. Park, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
LG and Luxoft establish webOS Auto joint venture
Jan 10, 2020 – LG Electronics and Luxoft have agreed to jointly develop the webOS Auto platform. The pair will advance the deployment of digital cockpit, in-vehicle infotainment, rear-seat entertainment (RSE) and ride-hailing systems based on the platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Luxoft, Dr. I.P. Park, Dmitry Loschinin, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
LG and Qualcomm join forces on automotive infotainment
Oct 30, 2019 – LG and Qualcomm have announced plans to work together to further develop webOS Auto, LG’s connected in-vehicle infotainment system. The companies aim to create and advance a more convenient in-car experience for drivers and passengers alike.
News categories: LG Electronics, Qualcomm, Dr. I.P. Park, Jim Cathey, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, UX, Worldwide
LG partners with NIPA to promote webOS Open Source Edition
Mar 19, 2018 – As part of an effort to make webOS more accessible to consumers and industries, LG has entered into an MOU with a Korean government body to more actively advance its philosophy of open platform, open partnership and open connectivity.
News categories: LG Electronics, National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Dr. I.P. Park, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden