Digital TV News: Ekioh
ANTIK reveals Juice Nano HD IP set-top box at IBC
Sep 12, 2013 – At IBC, ANTIK Technology will reveals its Juice Nano IPTV set-top box - a miniature design which fits in the hand. Based on the STiH207 Liege chipset from STMicroelectronics, Juice Nano supports dual H.264 HD [email protected] decoding.
News categories: ANTIK, STMicroelectronics, Igor Kolla, IBC2019, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
RiksTV Uses Ekioh Engines to Launch OTT Services in Norway
Nov 20, 2012 – Ekioh has announced that RiksTV have launched a range of new services in Norway using Ekioh's SVG & HTML engines. The Ekioh engines are at the heart of two new digital hybrid set-top boxes manufactured by Strong which are being sold to Norwegian customers through the retail market.
News categories: Ekioh, RiksTV, Strong Technologies, Digital TV, Middleware, Norway, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
VESTEL presents Android STB with Beesmart middleware at ANGA Cable 2012
Jun 11, 2012 – Vestel will show an Android set-top box with Beesmart middleware at Anga Cable 2012. The new Vestel box also supports the Ekioh web browser and operates on Edgeware, Anevia, Espial, and Bitband VOD servers.
News categories: Beenius, Vestel, ANGA COM, Middleware, Set Top Box
Accedo Broadband and Ekioh introduce the world's first 3D games for IPTV
Mar 21, 2011 – Accedo Broadband and Ekioh have announced the availability of casual games in 3D using Ekioh's latest SVG software. The 3D games will be available for all Ekioh customers from Q3 2011.
News categories: Ekioh, Accedo Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Video Exchange, VR
More than 40,000 IPTV users for SVG technology from BeeSmart and Ekioh
Apr 7, 2010 – BeeSmart and Ekioh have announced a fast growing number of IPTV users on SVG-based client technology. The companies report that there are already over 40,000 end-users running BeeSmart middleware clients and Ekioh UI Engine.
News categories: BeeSmart, Ekioh, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Ekioh UI Engine integral part of latest Freewire IPTV STB service
Sep 3, 2008 – Ekioh has announced that the Inuk Networks Freewire IPTV service, running on STBs using the Ekioh UI Engine, has been rolled out in several UK locations. The Ekioh UI Engine utilises the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) open standard from the W3C.
News categories: Ekioh, Inuk Networks, Freewire, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UK
Ekioh launches fastest Open-Standard User Interface for Set Top Boxes
Sep 5, 2007 – Ekioh will be premièring the fastest open standards based User Interface for Set Top Boxes at IBC 2007. Based on the W3C SVG open standard, the Ekioh User Interface (UI) Engine offers a remarkable 25 fps ensuring exceptional user experiences.
News categories: Ekioh, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues