Digital TV News: Eric Anderson
Verance and Fincons Group partner for Next Gen TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Verance has announced that it has partnered with Fincons Group. The partnership, targeting the U.S. and Europe, combines Fincons' expertise deploying HbbTV applications with Verance's watermark technology.
News categories: Verance, Fincons, Nil Shah, Francesco Moretti, ATSC, Content Identification, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, USA
Connekt and Verance partner to provide ATSC 3.0 advertising
Apr 10, 2018 – Connekt and Verance have partnered to develop the standard for interactive advertising formats to be delivered over the ATSC 3.0 standard. The effort will provide an end-to-end solution for networks, content owners and programmers.
News categories: Connekt, Verance, Mike Fitzsimmons, Eric Anderson, Advertising, ATSC, Content Identification, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Verance Watermarking completes field trials on LG TVs
Jan 3, 2018 – Verance has announced that Verance Aspect, selected as a foundational component of the ATSC 3.0 transmission standard, has expanded to smart TV manufacturers with LG becoming the first to complete initial field tests.
News categories: Verance, LG, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC, CES2020, Content Identification, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
TV Everywhere reaches 40% of U.S. pay-TV consumers
Mar 23, 2016 – According to Parks Associates, usage of authenticated video viewing, or TV Everywhere, reached 40% of U.S. pay-TV consumers in 2015, up from 22% in 2013. The percentage of respondents watching authenticated video at least once a month is 23%.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Everywhere, USA
Samsung and M-GO launch Ultra HD VOD in the U.S.
Nov 12, 2014 – Samsung and M-GO, a premium digital video on demand (VOD) service and joint venture between Technicolor and DreamWorks Animation, have announced the availability of M-GO's ultra-high-definition (UHD) content library on Samsung's line of UHD TVs.
News categories: Samsung, M-GO, Eric Anderson, Christophe Louvion, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
DISH connects Hopper platform to Control4 home automation system
Sep 26, 2013 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced plans to integrate Control4 (NASDAQ: CTRL) home automation technology with its Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR system. The Control4® system is commonly found both in high-end and mainstream home automation installations.
News categories: DISH Network, Control4, Vivek Khemka, Eric Anderson, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
Jun 11, 2013 – Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) has announced the launch of the TWC TV™ application, starting this summer, on compatible Samsung Smart TV™s, furthering the company's commitment to developing ways to help consumers enjoy the programming they love anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Time Warner Cable, Samsung, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Yahoo! and Samsung Form Partnership to Deliver Interactive TV
Nov 5, 2012 – Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) and Samsung have announced an expanded multi-year partnership to integrate Yahoo!'s Broadcast Interactivity platform into Samsung Smart TVs. Yahoo! Broadcast Interactivity will be deployed in Samsung's SyncPlus platform.
News categories: Yahoo!, Samsung, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed