Digital TV News: Eric Anderson
Verance and Fincons Group partner for Next Gen TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Verance has announced that it has partnered with Fincons Group. The partnership, targeting the U.S. and Europe, combines Fincons' expertise deploying HbbTV applications with Verance's watermark technology.
News categories: Verance, Fincons, Nil Shah, Francesco Moretti, ATSC, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, USA, Watermarking
Connekt and Verance partner to provide ATSC 3.0 advertising
Apr 10, 2018 – Connekt and Verance have partnered to develop the standard for interactive advertising formats to be delivered over the ATSC 3.0 standard. The effort will provide an end-to-end solution for networks, content owners and programmers.
News categories: Connekt, Verance, Mike Fitzsimmons, Eric Anderson, Advertising, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Watermarking
Verance Watermarking completes field trials on LG TVs
Jan 3, 2018 – Verance has announced that Verance Aspect, selected as a foundational component of the ATSC 3.0 transmission standard, has expanded to smart TV manufacturers with LG becoming the first to complete initial field tests.
News categories: Verance, LG, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA, Watermarking
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Watermarking
TV Everywhere reaches 40% of U.S. pay-TV consumers
Mar 23, 2016 – According to Parks Associates, usage of authenticated video viewing, or TV Everywhere, reached 40% of U.S. pay-TV consumers in 2015, up from 22% in 2013. The percentage of respondents watching authenticated video at least once a month is 23%.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Everywhere, USA
Samsung and M-GO launch Ultra HD VOD in the U.S.
Nov 12, 2014 – Samsung and M-GO, a premium digital video on demand (VOD) service and joint venture between Technicolor and DreamWorks Animation, have announced the availability of M-GO's ultra-high-definition (UHD) content library on Samsung's line of UHD TVs.
News categories: Samsung, M-GO, Eric Anderson, Christophe Louvion, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
DISH connects Hopper platform to Control4 home automation system
Sep 26, 2013 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced plans to integrate Control4 (NASDAQ: CTRL) home automation technology with its Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR system. The Control4® system is commonly found both in high-end and mainstream home automation installations.
News categories: DISH Network, Control4, Vivek Khemka, Eric Anderson, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
Jun 11, 2013 – Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) has announced the launch of the TWC TV™ application, starting this summer, on compatible Samsung Smart TV™s, furthering the company's commitment to developing ways to help consumers enjoy the programming they love anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Time Warner Cable, Samsung, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Yahoo! and Samsung Form Partnership to Deliver Interactive TV
Nov 5, 2012 – Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) and Samsung have announced an expanded multi-year partnership to integrate Yahoo!'s Broadcast Interactivity platform into Samsung Smart TVs. Yahoo! Broadcast Interactivity will be deployed in Samsung's SyncPlus platform.
News categories: Yahoo!, Samsung, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service