Digital TV News: Evoca
Edge Networks' Evoca goes live with COMARK ATSC 3.0 solution
Nov 4, 2020 – Hitachi Kokusai Electric Comark has announced that Edge Networks is 'on-the-air' with an ATSC 3.0 solution from Comark. Edge Networks is using ATSC 3.0 to deliver 80+ live, local, entertainment and sports channels to customers in Boise, ID.
News categories: Comark, Edge Networks, Evoca, Joe Turbolski, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Edge Networks selects ENENSYS for Evoca roll out
Aug 28, 2020 – ENENSYS has announced that Edge Networks has selected ENENSYS for its hybrid NEXTGEN TV service, Evoca. The solution includes an ATSC 3.0 Head-End and test and monitoring products.
News categories: ENENSYS, Edge Networks, Régis Le Roux, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NAGRA launches NexGuard forensic watermarking on Akamai edge network
Apr 20, 2020 – NexGuard Streaming watermarking for OTT from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has been integrated with Akamai. The integrated solution uses Akamai’s edge platform to bring an added level of anti-piracy enforcement and revenue protection to rights holders and content owners.
News categories: NAGRA, Akamai, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Amit Kasturia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
Apr 2, 2020 – Edge Networks has launched of its over-the-air television service, Evoca. Using ATSC 3.0 technology, the service offers 80+ TV channels. Rolling out first in Boise, Idaho, Evoca will offer HD and 4K services for less than $50 per month.
News categories: Edge Networks, Evoca, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Telenor to acquire majority stake in Finnish telecom operator DNA
Apr 9, 2019 – Telenor has agreed to acquire 54% of the shares in the Finnish telecom operator DNA for €20.90 per share in cash, in total €1.5 billion. With the transaction, Telenor gets a strong position across fixed and mobile in an attractive and growing telecom market.
News categories: Telenor, DNA, Sigve Brekke, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, MnA
Verimatrix Forensic Watermarking for Samsung Smart TVs
Jan 4, 2017 – Verimatrix and Samsung have announced that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) Ultra architecture is integrated with Samsung’s next-generation Smart TVs to establish a secure chain-of-custody across the UHD ecosystem.
News categories: Verimatrix, Samsung, Petr Peterka, CES2021, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Watermarking, Worldwide
Following Decline in 2012, Global TV Market Won't Recover Until 2015
Apr 1, 2013 – Stung by plunging sales in Japan and declining demand in North America and Western Europe, global television shipments in 2012 fell, marking a major inflection point that will have a lasting impact on the market, according to iSuppli (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Espial Signs Agreement to Acquire ANT plc
Nov 30, 2012 – Espial (TSX: ESP) has announced that it has entered into an agreement pursuant to which Espial has offered to acquire all of the outstanding shares of ANT plc. The offer values the issued ordinary share capital of ANT at approximately £5 million.
News categories: Espial, ANT plc, HbbTV, Middleware, MnA, Set Top Box
Aston embeds Viaccess-Orca ACS 5.0 content protection
Oct 29, 2012 – Aston and Viaccess-Orca have announced that ACS 5.0, Viaccess-Orca's most advanced content protection security technology, is now available embedded in Aston's latest generation STBs & CAMs.
News categories: Aston, Viaccess-Orca, CAM, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic