Digital TV News: Harman
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC, CES2019, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
DTVKit, OBS and HARMAN Connected Services partner to accelerate Android TV adoption
Sep 3, 2018 – DTVKit, HARMAN Connected Services and Ocean Blue Software (OBS) have partnered to accelerate Android TV adoption. OBS have integrated DTVKit into Android using the Android TV Input Framework (TIF). HARMAN Connected Services can provide certification services to DTVKit members.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, HARMAN Connected Services, Phil Evans, Paul Martin, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Explosive growth for smart speakers continues
Feb 27, 2018 – The smart speaker market took a giant step towards mainstream acceptance in Q4 2017 as aggressive discounting tactics and a wider choice of models, price points and country availability resulted in millions of first time buyers, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
KAONMEDIA STB with AI home assistant deployed by Korea Telecom
Feb 22, 2017 – KAONMEDIA's AI-based TV set-top box has been successfully commercialized by Korea Telecom. GiGA Genie, an IP set-top box, provides home assistant and home IoT services alongside TV set-top box features.
News categories: KAONMEDIA, KT Corp, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
SONIQ launches three Smart TVs for China
May 19, 2014 – SONIQ has announced that it has launched three Smart TVs customized for Chinese customers. SONIQ will also cooperate with internet security company, 360, to release the first internet-safe TV for the home.
News categories: SONIQ, Cinavision, Qihoo 360, Apps, China, OTT, Smart TV
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8