Digital TV News: Hisense
Hisense revamps its VIDAA Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2020 – Hisense has launched a completely revamped version of its VIDAA Smart TV platform. The updated platform, with a new UI and integration of content providers, puts the user and their habits at the center of the TV experience.
News categories: Hisense, Dr. Lan Lin, Apps, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Tubi AVOD app to be available on Hisense's Vidaa platform from Spring 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Tubi has announced that it has entered into a deal with Hisense to offer its library of over 20,000 movies and TV shows on the Hisense Vidaa platform. Beginning Spring 2020, new Hisense TVs powered by Vidaa will have Tubi preloaded.
News categories: Tubi, Hisense, Michael Ahiakpor, Apps, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2020, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
Nov 27, 2019 – Analysis from TrendForce shows that global TV shipments in 3Q19 reached 54.97 million units, a 16.8% growth QoQ and 1.9% decline YoY. Double 11 in China and year-end festivities in Europe and the Americas have required companies to stock up.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense Roku TV models now available in UK
Nov 22, 2019 – Hisense and Roku have announced that Hisense Roku TV models will be available in the UK. Recently announced at IFA 2019, these smart TVs are powered by the Roku OS, offering consumers a premium TV experience at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Bart Bomers, Arun Bhatoye, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
Sep 19, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled its 2019 streaming player lineup for the United Kingdom. Roku is launching a redesigned Roku Express and new to the UK line-up is the Roku Premiere which delivers 4K streaming with HDR.
News categories: Roku, Lloyd Klarke, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC2020, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Roku expands Roku TV licensing program into Europe
Sep 7, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is further expanding the Roku TV licensing program into Europe. Hisense is the first European Roku TV partner and is expected to launch Roku TV models in the UK in Q4.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2020, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic