Digital TV News: Itzhak Elyakim
yes launches UHD-HDR channel in Israel with Harmonic
Nov 7, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that YES is using Harmonic's software-based Electra encoding platform for its new live UHD channel. AVcom, a world-class local system integrator, ensured a smooth deployment.
News categories: Harmonic, 'yes', AVcom, Ian Graham, Itzhak Elyakim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite
Nuance and UEI bring conversational interface to yes DBS in Israel
Sep 19, 2017 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) and Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) have announced that they power the first conversational interface for Pay TV in Israel for yes. yes will launch their first voice-powered remote control in September 2017.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Universal Electronics, 'yes', Dan Faulkner, Menno Koopmans, Itzhak Elyakim, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, UX
Tvinci selected for Israel’s first pay OTT TV service
Jan 6, 2014 – yes Satellite TV – Israel’s only provider of multi-channel television broadcasts via satellite – has selected Tvinci to create the user experience for yes GO, Israel’s first personal and social multi-screen TV service.
News categories: Tvinci, 'yes', Itzhak Elyakim, Ron Eilon, Ofer Shayo, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Mobile, OTT, Social TV
Sigma Designs HomePlugAV chosen by 'yes' for VoD and multi-room
Aug 5, 2013 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) has announced that 'yes', an Israeli satellite provider, has chosen Sigma Designs, to help strengthen their video-on-demand and multi-room customer services.
News categories: Sigma Designs, 'yes', Israel, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
'YES' Selects Celeno to participate in Wi-Fi trial for the new Over-the-Top VOD service
Mar 22, 2011 – Celeno Communications has announced that Israel's 'yes' has selected a Celeno Wi-Fi chipset to participate in a home network trial which will enable its customers to use wireless streaming of SD/HD Video on Demand (VoD) services in the home.
News categories: Celeno, 'yes', Israel, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Video Exchange
Satellite Operator 'yes' Debuts Over-the-Top On-Demand Service Powered by Harmonic
Sep 10, 2010 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that 'yes' DBS Satellite Services has deployed Harmonic's MediaPrism™ converged video suite as part of its recently launched video on demand (VOD) service, delivered to subscribers over-the-top (OTT).
News categories: Harmonic Inc, 'yes', Content Distribution, IBC2019, Israel, Satellite
Yes Launches NDS VOD Service Using Progressive Download Technology
Mar 23, 2010 – NDS has announced that Yes, the sole provider of satellite television in Israel, has launched NDS' VOD service, based on Progressive Download (PDL) technology, for its hybrid satellite-IP digital video recorder (DVR) platform.
News categories: NDS Group, 'yes', Digital TV, DVR, Israel, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
ADB to supply HD digital video recorder to Yes
Mar 31, 2009 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX:ADBN) has announced that it will supply Yes with it's ADB-7820SX advanced high definition digital video recorder. This agreement follows an initial supply of set-top boxes when Yes launched its HD service in 2007.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Yes, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, Israel, Satellite, Set Top Box
ADB Selected By Yes For HD Launch
Sep 11, 2007 – Advanced Digital Broadcast has announced that it has been selected by 'yes' to supply its ADB-7820S set-top boxes (STBs) for the digital satellite operator's launch of high definition (HD) services in Israel.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Yes, Digital TV, IBC2019, Israel, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box