Digital TV News: Jason Blackwell
Cable Operators to Deploy 10 Million Video Gateways in 2016
Oct 28, 2011 – Cable video gateways, devices that integrate the functions of a broadband router with set-top box functions, will grow from less than 700 thousand units in 2010 to over 10 million in 2016, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box
Hybrid Set-Top Boxes Empower Satellite Vendors to Compete in an On-Demand World
Oct 19, 2011 – Hybrid box penetration will rise above 60% by 2016 as operators look at IP-based video on demand (VOD) and advertising solutions, as well as interactive content, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Game Consoles Most Used Connected CE Device for Online Video in the US
Aug 25, 2011 – Game consoles were rated as the most used connected CE device in North America to stream Netflix content, according to two recent survey reports by ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Blu-ray, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Broadcom, ST, Renesas, and Trident Lead $3.3 Billion Set-Top Box IC Market
Aug 3, 2011 – Five companies - Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM), STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), Renesas (TSE: 6723), Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) - dominate the worldwide set-top box SoC market, with a combined market share of 85 percent.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Jiuzhou, Coship Stand to Gain from Asia-Pacific Set-top Box Growth, Says ABI Research
Jul 13, 2011 – The Asia-Pacific region will lead set-top box growth for the next five years, with shipments approaching 50% of the set-top boxes sold worldwide in 2013-2015 before falling off slightly, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
APAC Revenues from Broadband and Pay TV Services To Rise 34% from 2010 to 2016
Jun 30, 2011 – Asia-Pacific telcos are forecast to see service revenues from DSL, fiber broadband and IPTV rise from $52.5 billion in 2010 to $79.5 billion in 2016. Significant revenue growth will come from fiber broadband and IPTV services, says ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Asia, Cable TV, China, India, IPTV, Japan, Market Research
Multi-play Services Drive Global Pay-TV Service Revenue to $53 Billion in 1Q 2011
Jun 9, 2011 – The pay-TV industry continues to grow in both subscriber numbers and service revenue. At the end of first quarter of 2011, pay-TV revenue generated from satellite, cable, terrestrial and telco TV totaled $53 billion, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
OTT Revenues Up to $20 Billion in 2016
May 27, 2011 – The number of online video viewers worldwide is expected to eclipse 1.3 billion by 2016, growing from a current 2010 base of just over 780 million. The Over the Top (OTT) video industry will likewise grow, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Market Research, OTT
Telco TV and Internet TV Capture Share from Cable TV in Mature Markets, According to ABI Research
May 19, 2011 – According to new market data from ABI Research, 11.3 million pay-TV subscribers were added at the end of first quarter of 2011 after Cable TV operators in Western Europe and North America in particular faced subscriber losses in 2010.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising