Digital TV News: Jason Blackwell
Cable Operators to Deploy 10 Million Video Gateways in 2016
Oct 28, 2011 – Cable video gateways, devices that integrate the functions of a broadband router with set-top box functions, will grow from less than 700 thousand units in 2010 to over 10 million in 2016, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box
Hybrid Set-Top Boxes Empower Satellite Vendors to Compete in an On-Demand World
Oct 19, 2011 – Hybrid box penetration will rise above 60% by 2016 as operators look at IP-based video on demand (VOD) and advertising solutions, as well as interactive content, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Game Consoles Most Used Connected CE Device for Online Video in the US
Aug 25, 2011 – Game consoles were rated as the most used connected CE device in North America to stream Netflix content, according to two recent survey reports by ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Blu-ray, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Broadcom, ST, Renesas, and Trident Lead $3.3 Billion Set-Top Box IC Market
Aug 3, 2011 – Five companies - Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM), STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), Renesas (TSE: 6723), Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) - dominate the worldwide set-top box SoC market, with a combined market share of 85 percent.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Jiuzhou, Coship Stand to Gain from Asia-Pacific Set-top Box Growth, Says ABI Research
Jul 13, 2011 – The Asia-Pacific region will lead set-top box growth for the next five years, with shipments approaching 50% of the set-top boxes sold worldwide in 2013-2015 before falling off slightly, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
APAC Revenues from Broadband and Pay TV Services To Rise 34% from 2010 to 2016
Jun 30, 2011 – Asia-Pacific telcos are forecast to see service revenues from DSL, fiber broadband and IPTV rise from $52.5 billion in 2010 to $79.5 billion in 2016. Significant revenue growth will come from fiber broadband and IPTV services, says ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Asia, Cable TV, China, India, IPTV, Japan, Market Research
Multi-play Services Drive Global Pay-TV Service Revenue to $53 Billion in 1Q 2011
Jun 9, 2011 – The pay-TV industry continues to grow in both subscriber numbers and service revenue. At the end of first quarter of 2011, pay-TV revenue generated from satellite, cable, terrestrial and telco TV totaled $53 billion, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
OTT Revenues Up to $20 Billion in 2016
May 27, 2011 – The number of online video viewers worldwide is expected to eclipse 1.3 billion by 2016, growing from a current 2010 base of just over 780 million. The Over the Top (OTT) video industry will likewise grow, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Market Research, OTT
Telco TV and Internet TV Capture Share from Cable TV in Mature Markets, According to ABI Research
May 19, 2011 – According to new market data from ABI Research, 11.3 million pay-TV subscribers were added at the end of first quarter of 2011 after Cable TV operators in Western Europe and North America in particular faced subscriber losses in 2010.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019