Digital TV News: John Godfrey
Samsung and partners demonstrate live UHD HDR TV via ATSC 3.0 at CES2016
Jan 6, 2016 – At CES 2016, Samsung, Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media, Pearl TV and TeamCast are demonstrating the broadcast and receiving capabilities of ATSC 3.0. The demonstration includes reception of Ultra HD HDR 4K content in a live transmission originating from a local broadcast TV station.
News categories: Samsung, Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media, Pearl TV, TeamCast, John Godfrey, Mark Aitken, Kevin Gage, Anne Schelle, Eric Pinson, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Technicolor and Fraunhofer announce MPEG-H Audio licensing program
Aug 26, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) and Fraunhofer IIS have announced the formation of a licensing program as part of the market introduction of the TV audio system developed by the MPEG-H Audio Alliance.
News categories: Technicolor, Fraunhofer, Sinclair Broadcast, Samsung, Manuele Wahl, Bernhard Grill, Mark Aitken, John Godfrey, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
Samsung, Pearl TV and Sinclair to collaborate on ATSC 3.0
Jun 17, 2015 – Samsung has announced an MOU with Pearl TV, a partnership of nine leading TV broadcast companies, and Sinclair Broadcast to work collaboratively to support the development and the implementation of the ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Samsung, Pearl TV, Sinclair, John Godfrey, Anne Schelle, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Samsung, Comark and TeamCast demonstrate ATSC 3.0 at CES
Jan 6, 2015 – Samsung, Comark and TeamCast will demonstrate the world’s first terrestrial broadcast of full ATSC3.0 technology at CES 2015. The demonstration will show a live transmission of MPEG-H HEVC Ultra HD video and MPEG-H 3D audio content.
News categories: Comark, TeamCast, Samsung, Richard E. Fiore, Eric Pinson, John Godfrey, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ATSC 3.0 Technology Group To Explore Next-Generation Broadcasting
Sep 6, 2011 – The ATSC has formed a new technology group to develop 'ATSC 3.0,' a series of voluntary standards and recommended practices for a next-generation digital terrestrial TV broadcast system that would serve viewers and TV stations for decades to come.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA, VR
Samsung Helps Move A-VSB Mobile TV Standard Closer to Adoption and Nationwide Availability
Jan 6, 2008 – Samsung Electronics provided several exciting updates to the audience at CES 2008 on the progress of Advanced-VSB (A-VSB), its proposed mobile television standard that will be a dramatic enhancement to the transmission of digital television in the United States.
News categories: Samsung Electronics, CES2021, Digital TV, Mobile, Tablet, USA
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia