Digital TV News: MNC
63% of Indonesians access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites
Dec 20, 2019 – A study of online content viewing behavior commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association has revealed that 63% of online Indonesian consumers have accessed streaming piracy sites to access content without paying subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Chand Parwez, Hendy Lim, Djonny Sjafruddin, Edwin Nazir, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT
iflix secures new round of funding
Jul 22, 2019 – iflix has announced the finalisation of a round of investment ahead of its prospective IPO. The round was cornerstoned by Fidelity International. iflix also added media companies MNC, Yoshimoto Kogyo and JTBC to the register.
News categories: iflix, Patrick Grove, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
iflix and Indonesia's MNC announce content partnership
May 3, 2019 – iflix has entered into a partnership with Indonesia’s largest integrated media company, MNC (PT Media Nusantara Citra Tbk). The strategic partnership will significantly enhance iflix content programming mix and further strengthen its Indonesian local content strategy.
News categories: iflix, MNC, Mark Britt, David Fernando Audy, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
SES to provide capacity for Indovision Chinese-language DTH service
Jul 15, 2013 – SES (Paris;Luxembourg:SESG) and MNC Sky Vision (Jakarta:MSKY), owner of Indonesia's Indovision satellite Pay-TV brand, have announced an agreement to provide capacity on the SES-7 satellite to support Indovision's forthcoming Chinese-language DTH package.
News categories: SES S.A, Indovision, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
e.tv and Multichoice win mobile TV spectrum licences in South Africa
Sep 10, 2010 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has decided to grant the radio frequency spectrum licences for the purpose of providing mobile TV in the country on Multiplex 1 to e.tv (40%) and Multichoice (60%).
News categories: ICASA, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, South Africa
PT. MNC Sky Vision Selects NDS for Indovision and Top TV Platforms
Jun 4, 2009 – NDS has announced that PT. MNC Sky Vision has selected NDS' VideoGuard® conditional access, MediaHighway® middleware and a customised EPG for its Indovision pay-TV platform. MNC has also selected VideoGuard to secure its Top TV platform.
News categories: NDS Group, Indovision, Top TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global Mediacom (Indovision) 2007 Annual Report
May 8, 2008 – Indovision currently has more than 50% pay TV subscriber market share, making it the largest pay TV operator in Indonesia. Total subscribers as per 31 December 2007 was 305,372, representing a growth of 59% from last year's amount of 192,117.
News categories: Global Mediacom, Indovision, Digital TV, Indonesia, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat