Digital TV News: MNC
iflix secures new round of funding
Jul 22, 2019 – iflix has announced the finalisation of a round of investment ahead of its prospective IPO. The round was cornerstoned by Fidelity International. iflix also added media companies MNC, Yoshimoto Kogyo and JTBC to the register.
News categories: iflix, Patrick Grove, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
iflix and Indonesia's MNC announce content partnership
May 3, 2019 – iflix has entered into a partnership with Indonesia’s largest integrated media company, MNC (PT Media Nusantara Citra Tbk). The strategic partnership will significantly enhance iflix content programming mix and further strengthen its Indonesian local content strategy.
News categories: iflix, MNC, Mark Britt, David Fernando Audy, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
SES to provide capacity for Indovision Chinese-language DTH service
Jul 15, 2013 – SES (Paris;Luxembourg:SESG) and MNC Sky Vision (Jakarta:MSKY), owner of Indonesia's Indovision satellite Pay-TV brand, have announced an agreement to provide capacity on the SES-7 satellite to support Indovision's forthcoming Chinese-language DTH package.
News categories: SES S.A, Indovision, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
e.tv and Multichoice win mobile TV spectrum licences in South Africa
Sep 10, 2010 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has decided to grant the radio frequency spectrum licences for the purpose of providing mobile TV in the country on Multiplex 1 to e.tv (40%) and Multichoice (60%).
News categories: ICASA, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, South Africa
PT. MNC Sky Vision Selects NDS for Indovision and Top TV Platforms
Jun 4, 2009 – NDS has announced that PT. MNC Sky Vision has selected NDS' VideoGuard® conditional access, MediaHighway® middleware and a customised EPG for its Indovision pay-TV platform. MNC has also selected VideoGuard to secure its Top TV platform.
News categories: NDS Group, Indovision, Top TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global Mediacom (Indovision) 2007 Annual Report
May 8, 2008 – Indovision currently has more than 50% pay TV subscriber market share, making it the largest pay TV operator in Indonesia. Total subscribers as per 31 December 2007 was 305,372, representing a growth of 59% from last year's amount of 192,117.
News categories: Global Mediacom, Indovision, Digital TV, Indonesia, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV