Digital TV News: Maria Ferreras
Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
Dec 11, 2018 – Telefónica España has announced the arrival of Netflix on Movistar. Movistar customers now have the option of new Fusión packages that includes Netflix, access to more mobile data and an additional mobile line.
News categories: Telefónica, Netflix, María Jesús Almazor, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Reed Hastings, María Ferreras, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain, UX
Telkom and Netflix confirm partnership in South Africa
Nov 7, 2018 – Telkom has confirmed that it has secured a partnership with Netflix. The partnership is Netflix’s first such agreement with a South African telecommunications company. Netflix will be available via Telkom’s LIT TV Box.
News categories: Telkom SA, Netflix, Wanda Mkhize, Maria Ferreras, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, South Africa
Com Hem and Boxer launch Android TV-based Tv Hub
Apr 12, 2018 – Com Hem has launched its Android TV-based platform Tv Hub, for both Com Hem and Boxer customers. The Tv Hub combines linear TV with play services in HDR and 4K quality. The Tv Hub was designed with partners such as Google, Technicolor and 3SS.
News categories: Com Hem, Jessica Andersson, Maria Ferreras, Marec-Nicholas Gasiun, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
OSN signs Middle East’s first partnership deal with Netflix
Feb 17, 2018 – OSN has signed the first partnership deal in the MENA region with Netflix. Soon OSN customers will be able to access Netflix’s content library via an OSN Box that will be launched towards the end of the second quarter.
News categories: Netflix, OSN, Maria Ferreras, Martin Stewart, Neil Martin, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box
Netflix and Deutsche Telekom strike international partnership
Nov 22, 2017 – Netflix and Deutsche Telekom (DT) have announced a partnership enabling all DT subsidiaries to benefit from the company's relationship with Netflix. So far, Telekom customers in Germany, Poland and the Netherlands have benefited from the cooperation.
News categories: Netflix, Deutsche Telekom, Maria Ferreras, Thomas Kicker, Apps, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, IPTV, Mobile, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Romania, Set Top Box
Euskaltel 4K decoder to have Netflix integrated
Nov 13, 2017 – The Euskaltel Group has signed an agreement with Netflix enabling the operator's TV customers to access Netflix directly through their 4K decoder. Euskaltel will be the first operator in Spain to offer its customers a remote control that features a Netflix button.
News categories: Euskaltel, Netflix, Francisco Arteche, María Ferreras, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Spain
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system